Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Simple is as simple does.......

......and I'm pretty simple.  But you knew that already ;)


Hidey Ho!  I hope everyone is having a super duper Wednesday.  

Today I want to show you a gift I made for Mother (my MIL) for Christmas.  I have the best MIL in the world.  She never has a bad word to say and will do anything for you.  She sends out lots of cards and so I make her a little set to have on hand every once in awhile. 

But then she always sends me one of the cards as a thank you.  Its really weird getting your own card  in the mail.  Kinda like when you fill out the reminder card at the doctor's office and a year later you get something in the mail with your own writing on it?  Yeah, anyway..................




Simply Soft (hostess set) and Fabulous Phrases.  Crumb cake and whisper white cardstock.  Black Stazon, regal rose, melon mambo, daffodil delight, old olive and tangerine tango inks.  Brights patterned DSP, scallop border punch, aquapainter, bakers twine and dimensionals.

Sorry about the dark pic.  I made her a set of 5 with different sayings on them.  These were super fast and easy to put together.  See?  Simple.

You know if you say simple enough times it starts looking and sounding weird. 

Simple......simple.....simple......simple





I really like the yellow one.


 


I like the pink too.  If I remember right these were a smaller size.  I think 3.75 x 4.5.  I had stamped the flower and words first and then sized the card around it.  I like the white space. 

I colored the stem and leaves with an aquapainter and the old olive ink.  Now, if I had a nice old olive marker, I would have just used that.  But mine has been a little too well loved.




You can kind of see here where I fluffed the scallops so they weren't laying totally flat.  It gave some more dimension.  It was the first thing you want to touch. 


Okay, for those of you watching Downton Abbey with me, I have a question;

In the first episode of season 2 you see Sir Richard threatening Lavinia in the garden.  In the 2nd episode she tells Mary what she did and why.  So okay, Lavinia isn't such a bad person.....I guess.

So here is my question:  Why was Sir Richard threatening her?  Lavinia said he was threatening to tell Mary all about it but, why?

I'm thinking there is something Sir Richard wants from her and if she doesn't do it then he would tell Mary her story. 

What do you think? 

Thanks for stopping by and keeping me company.  You're such good friends.

Blessings, b.


3 comments:

Maddi's Mama said...

You are so funny. You type like you talk. Love it!! Thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts. this is awesome...i need ideas when i make cards. very cool.

Maddi's Mama said...

What did google do to my name? I didnt set up my blog name correctly. ugh

Maddi's Mama said...

You are so funny. You type like you talk. Love it!! Thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts. this is awesome...i need ideas when i make cards. very cool.