Tuesday, March 20, 2012

bird revisited

Howdy!  I hope you all are having a great week so far.  I had 2 card classes this weekend.  I loved catching up with my friends. 

Remember the bird/groovy square card I showed last week?  Well, I changed it a little for my classes this past weekend.



Fresh Vintage (SAB) and music notes wheel.  Crumb cake, soft suede and very vanilla cardstock.  Baja breeze and crumb cake inks.  Bird punch, pearls, wheel guide, label framelits, stipes embossing folder, big shot, dimensionals and sponges.

Its the same focal image but I turned it and used the music notes wheel.  I was inspired by a card by Dawn McVey. 

I used a black sharpie to color the pearl for the eyeball.  I had to use the wheel guide to make sure I got the music notes straight.  I put off buying that wheel guide for years but I finally broke down and now I'm wondering why I waited so long.  It sure makes using the wheel sooooooo much easier. 



Alrighty then, this is going to be a quickie post today.  I have a union meeting tonight.  UGH!  Sometimes I really don't like being a grown up. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I'll be putting up the rest of the cards this week. 

Blessings, b.

No comments: