Tuesday, March 27, 2012

bones, books, birthday

Hey there!  I had every intention of getting the cards from the last few card classes up last week but, I had some distractions. 



Distraction #1:
Tuesday I started rereading The Hunger Games to gear up for the movie.  I had loaned my copy out so I bought a digital copy for The Nooker.  (I had gotten my dad a Nook Color for Christmas and he gave it back to me.......long story........I lovingly call it The Nooker).  Now that I have read my first digital book I can honestly say I really do prefer a real copy in my hands.  I like turning the pages and smelling the pages (don't laugh) and it doesn't need to recharge. 

Distraction #2:
Wednesday the school nurse called me at work.  That is never a good thing.  Seems Grace fell on the playground and hurt her wrist but, the nurse didn't think it looked bad. 

I knew she was really hurt though because she wanted me to come get her.  She never misses school.   Ever.

While on the way to get her, the nurse calls again.  Yeah, there is a big bulge now.  You'd better get her to the dr. 

UGH!

So after 2 days and 2 different dr.s we now have a blue cast.


Luckily it only has to stay on for 3 weeks.  Really upset her though because she missed an Honor Band practice and is going to miss her concert tonight.  By the time Spring Break is over it should be off.  YAY!

Distraction #3:
I had a birthday.  Another year older.  Hopefully another year wiser too. 


From Grace.



From the hubs.  Can you believe he stamped! 




From The Boy and 17.  He got me some lottery tickets.....no winners.   17 took me to see The Hunger Games.  I thought her card was very clever.  On the inside it says, " I mean, Happy Birthday!"

I thought the movie was super!  Of course there were a few things I wished were more to the book.  What I did like very much, was how they portrayed the control center.  I thought that was pretty neat.  Donald Sutherland is the perfect President Snow.  Although I wish they had made him look more like she describes him in the book.  Otherwise I really liked it.  Go see it. 

Alrighty then, this week starts my Spring Break and I get to be home alone for a few hours EACH DAY!  WooHoo!  Of course I have a to-do list a mile long.  One of the things on my list is to get my Project Life up to date. 

So far I have January done.


Let me just say, I'm in LOVE!  This is exactly what I wanted. 



Supplies: Typeset alpha (retired), tangerine tango ink, small heart punch 13/8" and 1 1/4" circle punches, cork, simple letters, big shot

Don't mind Holly's butt in the pic above.....she wouldn't move

Really this doesn't get any easier.  I normally take at least a few pics every week if for no other reason just to bug my family.  And I naturally save all kinds of scraps of things.  The tag on the girls' pic is a wink to their love/hate relationship.


Supplies: Curly label punch

There ya go.  This didn't take me long considering I'm 2 months behind already.  I just used whatever stuff I had out already. 

Now, most people are doing this Project Life weekly.  Yeah, that is so not happening here.  Yes, there will be months where I may have another page in the middle.  Like for Feb. I already have an 8.5x11 page protector added for Grace's Honor Band invite.  And I'll probably have an extra page in March for my birthday stuff.  I'm totally going with the flow.  Even the hubs has gotten the idea.  The other day The Boy was working under his car and he came to tell me to get a pic.  I know the whole family will get the idea sooner or later. 

Okie dokie.  Thats it for now.  See, when I'm home alone I get chatty.  I promise to get all the cards from my classes up in the next few days.  I'm dying to get out and work on the garden but I have too much to do inside this week.  More about that later. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Blessings, b.

No comments: