Thursday, March 1, 2012

thank you

Hey there!  How is everyone tonight?  We were talking about all the tornados today and I hope everyone stays safe for the ones they are predicting for tomorrow.  Batten down the hatches!  We will include you in our prayers tonight.

So, with yesterday being Leap Day and all, I thought I would get some stamping done.  I have 2 card classes coming up in the next few weeks.  I need to design 8 different cards. 

Nothing like procrastinating eh? 

So, instead of designing cards for that, I decided to make some Thank You cards.  I've had an idea floating in my head for a few months now and decided last night was the night to make it happen.  I guess I thought I'd be extra inspired because of Leap Day.  Yeah, I don't know either................

So, here ya go:


Thank You Kindly set.  Tempting turquoise, pumpkin pie, lucky limeade and whisper white cardstock.  Pumpkin pie, melon mambo, lucky limeade, tempting turquoise, elegant eggplant and black Stazon inks.  Big shot, polka dot embossing folder, lace ribbon border punch, bitty buttons, bakers twine, boho blossoms punch, sponge daubers and dimensionals. 


I hope you take notice that I didn't use any Crumb Cake cardstock.  I know, I couldn't believe it either.  It must have been the Leap Day thing.

I have had this idea of using the Lace Ribbon Border Punch as a mask.  It worked pretty well. 




Now that I'm looking at it though, wouldn't it have been easier to just ink up the cardstock and put a white punch out on top?  Yep.

Or even ink up the cardstock and punch that out and lay it on the white? Yep.   ( Actually I think this would be pretty cool.)

Oh well.

I'm not sure I even like it all that well.  It may just go in my sample basket and I'll be even later with my Thank Yous. 

Story of my life.

I do have something else very exciting to show you.  I got a package last week.





Hmmm......what could this be? 





Oh yeah, I got me some Project Life in the house!  I know, I'm very late to the party.

They've been out of stock for months.  I'm pretty darn over the moon about this. 

Almost 2 years ago to the day, I had an epiphany

I thought I could do this with just my regular page protectors but then things I wanted to scrap just started piling up and I never did get them onto a scrap page. 

What I needed was this nifty program.  I didn't buy the whole core package.  The colors and designs she has just don't float my boat, so I bought the Big Variety Pack 2, the 3x4 grid cards and the 6x12 page protectors. 

I don't plan on doing it weekly.  I would set myself up for failure.  I plan on doing it monthly.  Just bits and pieces for the month. 

There is no right or wrong.  Just go with the flow.  As soon as I get Jan. and Feb. done I will be showing you. 

Alrighty then, thats more than enough chit chat for tonight. 

Oh but wait!  I wanted to talk to you about Downton Abbey.  I finally watched the finale.  I'll save it. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings, b.

No comments: