Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hello? Hello?.......

.............is this thing on? 

So sorry for the absence.  I really hope it doesn't happen again.  :(  I miss you guys.

So much has been going on and I'm not even going to bother trying to tell you about it.  So we are going to pick up where we left off........sort of.

We are already into the 4th day of December.  What?! 

How did this happen?

Did you start your December Daily? 

I started mine and am up to date on it.  Can you believe it?  Me neither.

So here we go.  If you don't know what December Daily is about, check it out here.  Ali Edwards is the creator behind this awesome idea.  You can check out mine here:  2009 , 2010 , 2011



The popular size this year is 4x6 and who am I to argue?  Every year mine has been a different size.  I think the smallness of this one is making it easier for me to keep up with already. 

I think I'm going to get some 4x6 page protectors, although I'm not sure yet how I'm going to bind it all together. 

Anyway, I'm using Naturals White cardstock.  My main colors are going to be Crumb Cake, Naturals White, Red (Riding Hood Red and Real Red) and Gumball Green. 

This is the front cover.  Grace wanted to decorate the front so I'll let you know when she gets that done.





Taffy Alpha (retired).  Crumb cake, riding hood red and naturals white cardstock.  Riding hood red ink.  Big shot, label framelits, paper piercing guide, gumball green stitched ribbon.


Title page.




I cut one of the pages in half and did my journaling on it.  I used the gumball green marker, retired round tab punch, 3/4" circle punch, retired classic numbers and riding hood red ink. 





exciting stuff happening around here right now.




This is such a horrible picture.  I realized I had my ISO set wrong on the camera....but you get the idea. 



I tried getting all computer savvy on this one here.  Talk about easy!  I don't have a fancy photo program so I just opened the picture in "paint" and then layered a text box on top and typed my journaling, then just print like normal.  Cool eh?

So thats it so far.  I'm going to try really hard to keep up with it.  Cross your fingers. 


I do have a Christmas card to share with you but I think I'll  plan it for tomorrow.  I'll be showing the December Daily every few days. 

Now if you didn't get yours started yet, don't fret.  You can do it any way you want.  That is the beauty of the project.  There is no "right" or "wrong".  You could do the week of Christmas.  Or the week between Christmas and New Year's.  Or every hour of Christmas Day.  Its up to you.  The point is to just tell your story. 

I don't love every page of my old ones and really who cares?  The story is there.  That is what matters. 

So hop in.  You won't regret it.

Thanks so much for your patience while I was gone.  It gives me warm fuzzies that you're here. 

Blessings, b.

No comments: