Thursday, December 20, 2012

Peace on Earth

5 days.  5 days left.  Really though, if you think about it, there are only 4 days left. 

Are you ready?  

Me neither.  Almost though.  I'll finish tomorrow. 

So I finally got the projects from our group meeting photographed.  Nothing like waiting until the last minute.


Greetings of the Season set.  Choc. chip and soft suede inks.  Very vanilla and soft suede cardstock.  Newsprint DSP, big shot, lg. doily die, window frame framelits, 1 3/4" circle punch, glass glitter, blender pen, sticky pearls, paper piercing pack.

It was overcast when I took these pics but I didn't realize how dark they are.  So envision more light, okay? 

This is supposed to be a gift tag but it came out more like an ornament.  It looks more complicated than it is too. 

Heres the order it goes in from the bottom up:

Large circle (I used my Coluzzle), doily, rosette, framelit, 1 3/4" circle. 

One other thing:  for the words, I used a choc. chip marker for the "Peace", cleaned the stamp and used a blender pen in the soft suede for the "on earth".  I don't have a soft suede marker so the blender pen and ink worked just fine. 


I used the Simply Scoring Tool and scored (2), 1 1/2" x 12" pieces of DSP, every 1/4".  See here on how to make a rosette.  The only different thing I did with this one was to use a glue gun instead of the glue. 

Then I put a line of the Tombow Multi Glue around the edges and put the glass glitter on.  Since I made these a few weeks ago I can see that it is already starting to tarnish.  Love it!




I think what I'm going to do is put a family pic on the back and hang it on the tree.......or.....I could actually put it on a package.  Hmmm....what to do, what to do. 

Alrighty then, I will be posting another project tomorrow.  I have to put a little tutorial together for one of them. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Blessings, b.

No comments: