Thursday, January 21, 2010

randomness

is that even a word? If not, then just pretend with me.


I stayed home from work today. Gracie Poo hasn't been feeling that well and since So. Cal is going to be under water today, I decided to keep her home. I like making those executive decisions. And that way I don't have to risk my life driving through the river they call a freeway.


I have stamping to finish today and I'll show you later what it is. But for now, I'm just gonna ramble a little.


Speaking of the rain, my weeds are so happy! It has rained every day this week. It never rains here. We are the epicenter of mild weather. Well, except for the summer when it feels like we live on the surface of the sun. I love the rain. The sound, the smell, thunder and lightning, feeling cozy inside the house, making soup and oatmeal cookies.


Speaking of oatmeal, I made some delicous oatmeal this morning. Cinnamon, brown sugar and pecans. But, I made too much. Can you save oatmeal and reheat it later? I'm gonna find out.

Like everything else in our house, the backyard is a work in progress. We have a hill/slope that is just dirt and the weeds have been starting to poke their little bodies up the last few weeks and I didn't get to them. Now they are being bathed in perfect clean water and growing by the minute. It rained so hard the other day that the backyard overflowed into the pool. Now I have mud in the pool. Mud bath anyone?


Grace is listening to Miley Cyrus right now. I will confess that I like Miley. I like her songs. I know there was some controversay about pole dancing but we didn't see it. I also like Michael Buble. Sway with me, bend with me, stay with me................................



Do you ever notice when you make a sympathy card just to have in your stash that someone dies, like immediately? When I was making cards for my MIL last week I made her some sympathy cards and a few extra for myself. And danged if one of our friends' mother died. She was very sick and we knew it was coming, and it was actually a relief to her family to see her in peace, but geez man. Note to self: don't make anymore sympathy cards ahead of time.



I put in an order the other night. I have a big workshop coming up and I needed supplies. Wait till you see what I got! I gotta tell you about this new punch. Its a 2 step punch. Its a bird with a separate wing and branch. I'm really excited to use it on something. And I got new DSP from the SAB catalog and a new heart set and other more boring stuff. I got the stamps in the new Clear Mount option and ordered one of the clear blocks. I like getting new stuff. Probably won't come until Monday though. Well, unless the UPS man has a boat.


See this stuff here?
I like this stuff. As I was making the December Daily album and my MIL's cards I realized I used it more than anything else. It works so well on anything. Okay, not ribbon but anything else. I like how I have a little wiggle room to get things perfectly straight before its stuck. And once its stuck, it ain't coming off. I especially like to make boxes with it. So much better than sticky strip. And I think its cheaper since it seems to last forever. You don't need much to get things stuck down. Little dots and you're good to go. AND, if you let it dry before you stick it somewhere, it will act like a sticky note. Repositional. Groovy eh?



Okay, I'll get off and get busy now. Its getting cold in here and I need to turn on the heater again. Its not used to us being home right now. I'll be back on later to show you the thank you cards I'm making for the kids to fill out and send to grandparents.


Thanks for stopping by and honestly, if you've stayed with me through this entire post, God Bless You!


Blessings, b.



edited to add: Okay, so I haven't started stamping anything yet. I decided to clean out my emails and start laundry. Anyway, did you know our fearless leader, Shelli Gardner (founder of SU!) has a blog? Look here to see what SU! is doing for the Haitian people. Makes me tear up and I'm so proud to be a part of a company that cares.


SU! has announced that they will donate $2 from the sale of each of this stamp set that are sold from now until Feb. 28. I just bought it! I don't have it yet, but I just bought it! If you'd like to help out and get a fabulous stamp set then just click here . You'll be part of an awesome group of stampers that have the biggest heart.

Thank you :)

1 comment:

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

I think your weeds have been communicating with my back pasture. I looked out my window here in Southern Oregon the other morning and discovered that the deer have not been keeping up their end of the bargain - free food, no guns, eat all you can - note to California no more rain sent north okay?

Thanks for the Tombow tip. I tend to forget about that little green bottle of sticky goodness.

Hugs and happy stamping - Jean