Friday, January 8, 2010

December Daily 24 and 25

see here for the original Dec. Daily post



Howdy,

I hope everyone had a great day. We had dental appts. in the morning. The kids have the nicest dentist but poor Grace cried during her cavity fix and the boy left with a referral to an oral surgeon for his wisdom teeth. I cringe just thinking about it. The pain and the cost. I'm terrified of the dentist, but thats baggage for another post.


I can hear you, "Beth, I don't really give a rip about the dentist. Where is the stamping!"

I want to make you happy, so here ya go:


Christmas Eve
Christmas Classics and Classic numbers (retired). Real Red ink and white craft ink. Kraft, real red, whisper white and old olive cardstock. 1" and 1 1/4" circle punches and dimensionals.



This was the day I got the family pic. We had so much fun. I printed a bunch of the pics in "contact sheet" form twice. Then put one sheet on the page and then cut out the pic I used on the Christmas cards and popped it up on dimensionals over the one on the sheet. Does that make sense?





We have a family tradition of going to the movies on Christmas Eve. Because of the age differences we are having a harder and harder time finding a movie we all can agree on that is age appropriate.

It was a toss up between Alvin and Chipmunks the Squeakual (sp?) and A Christmas Carol. I can't really tell you what Dad said he'd rather do than watch Alvin, so we went to A Christmas Carol.


For a Disney PG movie it was pretty intense. Grace doesn't dig on the movies too much anyway( too loud and big for her) and they had so much icky detail on the faces. Jaws disengaging and teeth missing and stubble.......you could almost smell the bad breath. Anyway she ended up sitting curled up next to me and covered her eyes until I said it was clear.




Christmas Day!
Christmas Classics and classic numbers (retired). Old olive and real red inks. Old olive, real red and whisper white cardstock. 1" and 1 1/4" circle punches.


I ended up doing a 2 page spread for this day.








We left the day after Christmas for the family road trip ( I'll post pics soon). I won't be doing that again. Too much work on Christmas day getting ready to go. It didn't feel like Christmas.
I still have the title page to do. And I saw an idea on Ali Edwards blog about doing something with the Christmas cards we got. AND, I still need to decorate the cover of the album. I know what I want to do but I gotta order the ribbon. Once I get all that done I'll post my thoughts on the whole process and what I'll do differently next year. Overall, I'm so glad I did it.
Thanks for stopping by. I still have my MIL stuff to get busy on. These Dec. Daily pages were nagging at me though so I thought I'd better get them done. More later...........
Blessings, b.




1 comment:

Dawn said...

I absolutely love what you did with the photo strip! Very clever to include the "out-takes". Priceless. ;o)