Wednesday, January 13, 2010

warts?

Hey peeps!

Sunday we had Christmas with my inlaws.

I didn't get as many cards done for my MIL as I wanted. I just ran out of time. So I only made her one more set of 4. (See here and here for the others I made.) She still ended up with 12 cards...........I was okay with that.


Branch Out and Warmest Regards (both retired). Soft suede, old olive, more mustard, crushed curry and basic black. Kraft, soft suede and whisper white cardstock. Sponging and dimensionals.


I needed some sympathy cards and some manly cards. A tree works for that, right?






Then, I decided I needed something cute to put them all in. So I made a box. It was 6" x 5" x 2 1/2".

Flight of the Butterfly. Pretty in Pink, melon mambo and whisper white inks. Old olive, whisper white, kraft and bashful blue cardstock. White organdy ribbon, polka dot texture folder, white gel pen and scallop edge punch.

She likes butterflies and I thought that maybe she could use the box for something after all the cards are gone. I know, I didn't use this set for any of the cards I put in the box. Yeah, well......maybe next time.


First of all I gotta say, I know things look better in 3's. I had originally made the top with 3 butterflies and Grace said Gramma liked them so much that we needed 4.


Okay, so we're at my inlaws house and we're opening gifts, (we take turns), and my BIL is looking at the cards and the box and says, "Hey, how'd you get these warts on here?"
"Huh? What are you talking about?"
"The warts on here. How'd you do it?"
So now forever more it is no longer a "polka dot folder", it is now a "Wart Maker". Make a note of that.


Yep, I married into this family.

I added some envelopes and stamps. I think she liked them all. She sent us one to thank us for her presents. Kinda weird getting one of your own cards in the mail. At least they are getting used.
Alrighty, I have another page to do for the Dec. Daily that I hope to have done by Friday. And, I have a big workshop I need to get ready for.
Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings, b.






No comments: