Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone is having a great day. 

I tried fiddling with the blog formatting yesterday and downloaded a new formatting thingy.  Sometimes when I post, it scrunches up the text towards the bottom and doesn't flow right and I can't correct it.  So we'll see if this works better.  From this point of view, things are already different.  So wish me luck here. 


Yesterday, Grace and I sold Girl Scout Cookies with our troop.  Our troop is dwindling down and we only have 8 girls.  4 of them came yesterday.  They had fun but were sure ready to go home after the 2 hours were up.  So was I. 





Okay, are you sitting down?  I have a news flash, my husband actually sat down at my desk and MADE me a Valentine card this morning.  I promised I wouldn't show it here.  There is no actual stamping on it but he did use punches.  WOW!


So, I wanted to show you the Valentine's I made for my family.  I made little boxes, 3 1/2" square and 2 1/2" tall and filled them with candy for the kiddos.   Heres a reminder on how I made the boxes.  Mind you, these are a different size, you just gotta do the math.



No stamps!  Melon Mambo,whisper white and old olive cardstock.  Small heart punch (occasions mini), coluzle, large oval punch, scallop border punch, brads and dimensionals. 


Pretty huh?  I wanted to make something they could keep out on their dressers after the candy was gone and fill with some kind of kid treasure.   I just punched the little heart through the white so the pink would show through. 



The scallop circle punch that I used before was going to make too small of a flower, so I used the Coluzzle to cut out bigger ones.  I cut 4 big ones and 3 the next size smaller.  Then I did the same thing that I did here.   Then I just punched out 2 leaves using the oval punch, scrunched them up and glued the whole thing together. 


This is some really old pink organza ribbon we used to sell.  I used the scallop trim border punch along the bottom of the lid.  Extra pretty!


I made Grace's lid a different color.  Instead of Melon Mambo I used Regal Rose. 








Really old white organza we used to sell.





I used 2 big circles of  Rose Red, 1 big circle of Melon Mambo, 3 smaller circles of Regal Rose and a 1 3/4" punched circle of Rose Red.   I think it came out so pretty!  I wrote  little love notes on the inside of their lids. 


Now for the boy's box.  



Lovely as a Tree and Sanded background.  Kraft, soft suede, basic black and watercolor paper.  Stazon Black ink, soft suede, more mustard and old olive inks.  Aquapainter and dimensionals. 


I still had out the stuff from the last card I made so I thought I'd use it for this too.  This way its not all Valentiney and he can leave it out on his dresser.





Crooked lid!  I think I overfilled it with candy.


Now here is the one I made for my hubby.  Remember the "Can O' Love"?  Its just a Pringles can that I covered with DSP several years ago.  Every holiday I fill it up with candy. 

I {heart} Hearts and Woodgrain background.  Kraft, soft suede, basic blackand whisper white cardstock.  Soft suede and real red inks.  Sponges, hemp and dimensionals. 


You may wonder why everything is wood looking.  He works with wood.  Well, actually right now, he works with everything.  He works for a home builder.  But his first love (besides me) is wood.  He can make anything from wood.  Seriously, he can. 



Its so funny, when I look at a card, it looks great and wonderful.  I look at this pic and it seems my hearts are going downhill.  Why don't I notice that when I'm making it.  I just went to look at it again and really, it isn't that noticeable.  Oh well.   


Okay, I'm finished for today.  I'm gonna hit "publish post" and we'll see what happens. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings, b.


No comments: