Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine's

Today was the Valentine's party in Grace's class. They have tomorrow and Monday off for President's Day and Lincoln's B-Day so they had their party today.


She helped me make a card for her teacher.



I {heart} hearts set (occasions mini). Kraft, whisper white and real red cardstock. Real red and whisper white inks. Scallop trim border punch (SAB), white taffeta ribbon, crimper and dimensionals.


I don't have a "happy valentine's day" stamp. Can you believe it? Me neither! I could have sworn I had one, but I looked everywhere. Anyway, having Grace write it just makes it that much more special.




See the little ruffle behind the heart? That idea came from a SU! event somewhere. Genius!
You take a strip of cardstock and punch it however you like, I used the scallop trim border punch. Then you run it through the crimper a million times, Grace's favorite part, and tuck and fold it behind the heart. Genius I tell ya!

We tucked a little candy in with her card and sealed it up. Yay for me! because I didn't wait until the very very very last moment to get it done..........like I usually do.
Last night was also the Valentine's concert at the high school. During spring semester we have "concert band".

Here is my little man trying to dodge a picture.


Isn't he handsome? He hasn't worn the tux since last May and it needs a few alterations. We couldn't button the neck! And the jacket is too small. Anyway, the band sounded great. It always amazes me how gifted these guys are. Really they sounded like a movie soundtrack. So good.

Thanks for stopping by and checking in. I love it when you do that.
Blessings, b.


No comments: