Sunday, February 21, 2010

I'm still here

I can't believe I haven't posted in 4 days!  Nothing special happening here, just the usual busy stuff and I guess the time got away from me. 


Anyhow, one of my friends had ordered a new set, Garden from the Heart (Occasions Mini), and wanted some ideas for it.  So today I sat down with it and played. 


Garden from the Heart (Occasions mini) and Three Little Words (SAB substitute).  Pale plum, old olive, perfect plum and watercolor paper.  Black Stazon, old olive, regal rose, lavendar lace, choc. chip Versamark and more mustard inks.  Aquapainter, scallop edge punch, white taffeta ribbon, crystal effects,plastic wrap and dimensionals.



This is not a set that I would buy for myself so I really enjoyed thinking of what the heck to do with it.  It is a really pretty set but this is the only stamp I like from it. 

This wasn't the original idea I had in my head for this card.  It kinda morphed. 



I wanted to incorporate the 2 sets for her and found that the sayings in Three Little Words fit perfectly inside the lable.  I kept looking at it and it just wasn't feeling finished.  It needed something in the corners of the lable to finish it.  So I did this.......




See those little choc. chip dots in the corners?  It was too small an area for a brad but I felt it needed something.  So I mixed some crystal effects with choc. chip reinker and made my own little epoxy circles!  It was just what it needed.  Nifty eh? 

Here is another one I made.  I don't like the coloring on this one as much. But I figured it was just for a sample idea so it would be okay to use it.  I really like the layout though.


This ended up being a 5 1/2" x 3 1/2" card. 


You can hardly see it here in this pic but I scrunched up some plastic wrap and put some Versamark on the base piece.  I saw this idea on a blog, ( I have no idea whose now) and it gave the background such a nice soft texture.  I did this on both cards. 

I did another one with the hat from the set but the coloring came out so bad that I won't even post it here.  That is one I would have to practice on. 


One thing that happened this weekend was the Father/Daughter dance at Grace's school. 


" A Night in Paris" was the theme.  See those beads that she is wearing?  Those were the tickets.  Cool huh? She had a great time!   

That was also the same night that I locked my keys in the car at the grocery store.  Yeah, that was fun.  The hubs had taken the boy's car to the dance and so the boy had to search for an extra key to dad's truck and come get us.  It was like a sitcom, all the trouble the boy had to go through to get to the store and save me.  There was even some dog poop involved and I laughed so hard I almost pee'd my pants.  I'll spare you the stinky details.  All is back to normal now. 

Thats it for today.  Thanks for stopping by and checking up on me. 

Blessings, b.

No comments: