Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Are you ready?

Hey there!  Its dawned on me (with some help from Ali Edwards) that I need to be getting ready for the December Daily 2010 edition.  ACK!  How can December be just a few days away? 

See here for Ali's helpful suggestions.  I'm not ready yet.  Last year I had it all together. 

What works for me is this: 
  • decide on 2 stamp sets to use.  Last year I used Christmas Classics and Classic Numbers (retired). 
  • pick out colors.  last year I used Crumb Cake, Old olive, Whisper white and real red
  • choose 2 or 3 layouts and what size your pages will be
  • get an album or decide what you're going to make one out of.  last year I used the 8 1/2"x 8 1/2" chipboard album.  They are retired now but you can get them for 1/2 price on the Clearance Rack right now. 
  • make a list of a few things you know you want to document.  Like, the Advent calendar, baking, shopping, Christmas plays, relatives, church, decorations, any traditions, etc....
Ali has a bunch of great tips.  You don't have to do the whole month.  Just do a week or a day, or just till the 25th.  I did it last year and I'm so glad I did.  I LOVE going through it. Hide it away with your decorations and only bring it out during the holiday. 

Leave me a comment here and let me know if you'll be doing it with me.  I'll be getting all my stuff together and show you as I go. 

Do what works for you.  Ali has all her pages laid out already.  I found that too constricting for me.  Limiting what stamps and colors I was using was enough for me to get started and eventually done.  Too many options are too much for me to even get started and make the project seem overwhelming.

This is definitely a "no stress" project.  You get done what you get done.  Its more than you would have otherwise. 

Just do it!

Blessings, b.

No comments: