Saturday, November 6, 2010

Superwoman, I am not

Hey stampers!

What a crazy (stressful) week I've had!  One thing on top of another.  And I don't mean that in a good way YKWIM ;) 

First the faucet which lead to the garbage disposal, then car insurance trouble, stamping deadlines, etc........plus bunches of other things that are on the to do list that needed to get done. Plus cooking, working, cleaning............you know how it is.  Did Superwoman ever have to deal with a stinky washer?  I think not.

Anyhow, the week is over, all the boiling over problems have been handled and I have been laying low today.  The hubs and the boy are at a band tournament and us girls are hanging out.  We rented Toy Story 3 (which had me silently sobbing in the theater) and a pizza in the oven.  Leftover Halloween candy for dessert.  WooHoo!

I did have some fun this week though.  I got together with some stamping ladies Thursday night and had a great time.   Want to see one of the cards we made?


Pun Fun set.  Old olive, blue bayou, basic black and watercolor paper.  Black Stazon ink.  Black narrow taffeta ribbon, polka dot embossing folder, big shot, scallop border punch, aquapainters, watercolor crayons, 2 way glue pen, dazzling diamonds glitter and dimensionals.

We used the Pun Fun set.  I love this set!  Why didn't I get it sooner?  They got to choose which image they wanted.  We did a little watercolor comparison.  This one is painted with watercolor crayons. 


Using the crayons is so different from painting with the reinkers.  I think I'll have to start using them again, at least occasionally.  I used the glue pen and dazzling diamonds for the water.  Isn't he cute? 


Same materials as the other except I used smooshed ink pad lids.  I used Sahara Sand and Marina Mist.


The reason I used Sahara Sand instead of Basic Gray was because I couldn't get the gray to blend at all!  My painting always looks a little blotchy but, man!  This color just wouldn't work for me. 

Now I have 2 Get Whale cards ready to send someone who is sick.  I don't know anybody sick right now, but I'm ready.  Are you sick?  Could you use a nice Get Whale card?  Let me know. 

Alrighty then, the pizza is out of the oven.  I think after dinner I'll go ask Superwoman for a ride in her jet.  Maybe she'll give me some Superwoman pointers. 

Thanks for stopping by and hanging with me.

Blessings, b.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I never got this set, either, Beth, but this cute whale could certainly make me change my mind...what a sweet card, and I really think this color combo is becoming my go-to favorite, I've made several cards with them.