Saturday, August 13, 2011

cajun butterfly

Hidey Ho!  Have a good day?  I started out good and ended up with a migraine.  Not a real bad one this time but, what the heck?  I have never found a reason why I get them.  This is 2 in 2 1/2 weeks time.  UGH! 

So to take my mind off of my head, I thought I'd pop on here tonight and show you one of my losing Artisan Award entries. 

(if I'm trying to make myself feel better, this probably isn't the best way huh?)


I originally made this card for my card ladies.  I thought it was pretty nifty so I saved one for the contest.



This used 2 Sale-A-Bration sets, I don't remember the names.  I think one was Bliss.  Baja Breeze, Cajun Craze, Basic Gray and whisper white cardstock.  White Stazon, Versamark and basic gray inks.  Beautiful butterflies die, big shot, pearls, window sheets and glue dots. 


This is a 4.25 x 4.25 clear card.  The base of the card is a window sheet, or you could use a transparency.  Window sheets are thicker though.  I got the color combo off of the Most Super Wonderful Color Coach.  I love that thing!  Do you have one yet? 

I stamped the clear butterfly with the White Stazon and put both pieces together with a glue dot.  The pearls down the middle hide the glue dot. 

The gray piece is stuck to the inside of the front and the white piece is stuck to the outside front.  That way you don't see any adhesive at all. 

See?  Nifty huh? 

I really liked this card.  I thought it was unusual.  Even though these stamps aren't available anymore I think it would be easy to duplicate with others. 

Alrighty then, I'm keeping it short tonight. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Blessings, b.

No comments: