Sunday, August 7, 2011

week in the life?

It is finished!  Yippee!  I just love this project that Ali Edwards dreamed up so many years ago.  This is a big project, no doubt about it.  Well, I guess its as big a project as you make it.  My problem?  I didn't take enough pics.  The more pictures you take the easier it is to put together.

Lets go throught this shall we?  I started mine on a Wednesday.  That was fine.  It really doesn't matter what day you start.  For me the important thing was just starting.




I used a regular ol' 8 1/2" x 11" binder.  I know I'll end up doing this project again at some point and I can just add more weeks in here until its full. 



Current stamps:  Woodgrain background, I {heart} Hearts  Retired stamps: Schoolbook Serif alpha, Well Worn Alpha, Classic numbers, Wonderful Favorites, Headline numbers.  Early espresso, crumb cake and baja breeze ink.  Crumb cake, whisper white and early espresso cardstock.  Small heart punch, Scallop rectangle clearlits die, big shot, early espresso satin ribbon, 1.25" circle punch, basic black journaler, Neutrals Patterned DSP, Nuetrals buttons, linen thread, and dimensionals.


Here is the title page.  I cut an 8.5 x 11 piece of crumb cake in half to 4.25 x 11 and then used the sewing machine to stitch the page protector to the size I wanted. 

I used the computer to type out the title. 



On the back of the title page I just wrote a little about each of us and what was going on with us right now. 

I started out my journaling with a half page of notebook paper.  I like having the lines so I write straight. 



I used a baseball page protector that has 9 slots for my pics.  Which means 18 pics for each day.  Yeah, I didn't do so well with that.  I think I averaged 7 pics a day.  That meant I needed to fill the empty slots.  You can see on this page I included the grocery store receipt. 




Another 1/2 page journaler.







On Friday I gave up on the 1/2 page journalers and just went for it.  I still managed to fill up both sides with chit chat.












You can see my days' title is not very straight.  I was okay with this.  Its not perfect, just like me.







I found that I took quite a few pics of the tv.  I thought it would be an interesting reminder of what we are into tv-wise.  I may do a scrap page on just tv shows.  I know, that sounds kind of dumb but I have an idea............




I found the easiest way to fill empty slots was to just write about what was in the pics.



Okay, so Tuesday was the last day for me.  It was also a mentally busy day.  So busy in fact that I never once took out my camera.  I didn't remember about it until after 4:00 that day.  So I decided that it would just be a journaling day.  I'm fine with that. 

Yes, I wish I had a pic of my Bible study group and a pic of The Boy golfing, of 17's friend that came over and the oven that decided to blow its igniter when I was trying to cook dinner, of Grace reading out loud to me, but thats okay.  I did write about it all.  And maybe thats more important.  In fact I filled 1 1/2 pages of journaling that day.

Anyhow, its all done and I love it.  What would I keep/change for next time? 
  • I liked the notebook paper.  I liked having lines and it was easy to just keep out. 
  • I would really pay more attention to taking pictures.  So many things we see everyday but don't really see.  You know?  Laundry, the inside of your car, your desk, your kitchen/living room/ dining room/ bedroom etc.  I brought home from my dad's, a picture of our living room from the house I grew up in, and it was so fun to look at and remember. 
  • I don't think I'll fuss with the 1/2 page protectors next time.
  •  
  • I liked keeping it to just a few colors.  This one was Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Whisper White and Baja Breeze.  Made it flow.
  • I really like the look of the baseball card protectors. 
  • I didn't like cutting all the pics for the baseball protector pages.
  • I think next time I'll worry about taking pics and writing the journaling each day.  Then worry about getting it all together the next week.  Trying to do it all at the same time was a little hard. 
  •  
  • Next time I need to get more pics of me in there. 
Alrighty, thats all I can think of for now.  I hope you were/are inspired to do this for yourself.  Like the December Daily I think it will be a treasure in the years to come.  Let me know if I you have any questions.  You can look here too at Ali Edwards page for great ideas. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Blessings, b.

2 comments:

mary noble said...

Hi Beth,
Gee you have been busy, energetic, and getting a lot of stuff done! Grace's new room sign is a riot! Convention was insightful.... Mary

Staki said...

Hello, I stopped by from Ali's site. Love your WITL. I too didn't take many photos on some days so on those days I decided not to include the baseball card page, just have the title & collage. Mine is still in progress but I am happy where I am so far, all photos in place all times & dates in just a little bit of scanning notes to put on the title pages & a bit of journaling. I like the half pages but couldn't be bothered with the sewing machine, would be nice to have a variety pack of all sizes of page protectors.