Monday, November 30, 2009

December Daily album

Howdy,

I first saw this idea on Ali Edward's blog. She has this great idea of documenting every day in a week or month. I'll be doing a weekly one in the Spring sometime.

The main idea is to just capture what you did that day. No matter what it was. Lets face it, some days are more exciting than others. But I figure when I'm dead and gone my kids, (who think its a dumb idea right now) will be happy to have a glimpse into what our life was like. Even the boring days. I know that being an old fogey now, that I would love it if I had something like it.

So heres what you do; Ali is very organized and you'll probably get better info there but here is what I'll be doing:

  • I'll be doing all 8x8 pages. I will be getting the 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 chipboard album that SU! carries to keep everything in. No, I don't have it yet. :(

  • I will try to take at least 1 pic everyday of something we are doing. Now, this could be homework, opening the Advent Calendar, baking cookies, church, buying the tree, wrapping presents, playing Monopoly (we tend to do that alot on vacation) watching Christmas movies, etc. Just whatever you're doing.
  • Take just 20 - 30 minutes everyday to document the previous day. I already have my templates ready. This would be a million times faster if you have MDS (My Digital Studio). I don't have that yet and actually don't see me getting it anytime soon.

I went to the SU! site and some other sites and came up with some sketches to use. I'm more of a linear scrapbooker. I take lots of pics and its just easier for me to line them up and tell my story.
I'm big on journaling. Now there are lots of you that don't like to journal or don't know what to say. Just explain what is happening in your pics. Talk about your memories or how you felt that day. The journaling is just as, if not more so, important than the pics. Also I am a firm believer in using your own handwriting, even if you think its icky. I don't love my writing either but I know, looking back at my mother's writing, I'm glad that its there. Just her penmanship brings back so many memories.
Each page will basically be the same. I may turn the sketch or change the pics around depending on what we did that day. Obviously I'll have more pics some days than others.
I'm limiting my colors to Kraft, Real Red, Old Olive and White. I'm not sure yet which stamp sets I'll be using.
Ali does hers from Dec. 1 to Dec. 25. Last year I tried to do mine through New Years but I wasn't prepared and didn't finish. This year I'll be doing it until the 25th and then doing another special one that goes from Dec. 26th to Jan 2nd. We'll be going to my dad's during that week and so it will be its own album.
You can choose to do just Christmas week or the week between Christmas and New Year's. Its just about getting your life on paper and not worrying about how perfect the pages are.



Since tomorrow is the first I probably won't be getting that page done until Wed. I'll be sure to show you what I'm doing along the way. I really encourage you to follow along with me and do one yourself.




I know, this is alot of talking today, but I really want you to do this with me. I have a Christmas card ready for you tomorrow.




Thanks for stopping by.


Blessings, b.

No comments: