Friday, April 9, 2010

get well soon

Good day everyone! If I'm scheduling these right, I think its Friday now.  One more day until I get to hug and squeeze my family. 

Here is another Artisan Award entry from last year.


Sincere Salutations.  Choc. chip, and whisper white cardstock.  Choc. chip ink.  Last years DSP (I forget the name), red wide grosgrain ribbon, old olive wide grosgrain ribbon, flower fusion flower, button from button latte.

I wanted this to look like a worn comfy quilt.  I scored the DSP and then sanded it all over.  Then I tried to get my cheapo sewing machine to stitch the edges.  I threw that sucker away after I was done. 



The flower is really easy to do.  Take 12 inches or so of ribbon and make a running stitch along one side.  Then pull it tight and stitch the ends together.  I covered the hole in the middle with the flower fusion flower and a button.  I used a pop up glue dot to stick it on there. 

I'm so glad you keep coming back.  Thanks.

Blessings, b.

No comments: