Thursday, April 29, 2010

lots to say, lots to say

Hey there!  I miss you guys! 

Although its funny I say that, I was talking to a friend today about the garden and she says, " Yeah, I saw the pictures of the garden."

I'm like, "what pictures?"

"The ones on the blog."

Holy crap!  People actually read this!  I feel like I'm writing to myself most of the time.  Or people that I haven't met yet.  So anyway, thank you, because now I feel a little bit special. 

I did stamp today.  I haven't stamped in a week!  Just one thing after another.  So I promised myself I was going to make time today, and to make that happen, I put a frozen lasagne in the oven, I plugged in a movie to my little DVD player on my desk, put in my earbud thingys and tuned out the world.

Today I watched August Rush.  I love that movie.  I love the music.  Especially the end, I get goosebumps everytime, when everything starts falling into place.  And then at the very very end, it looks like he looks up to Heaven to say, thank you.  I love it.

So here is my card:  I'm a little rusty so...................be gentle.



Season of Friendship and Trendy Trees.  More mustard, garden green, bashful blue, soft suede and WILD WASABI.  Whisper white, DAFFODIL DELIGHT.  2 step bird punch, stampamajig and paper piercer.


I have no reason for this design or layout or whatever you want to call it.  For some reason I just wanted to make this happen.  Its certainly not my favoritist card I ever made.  But for today, its okay.  

I have to share what my hubby had to say about it though.  I asked him if it needed a sentiment on the front.  He looked at it and said, "Is you bird drunk?  Why is it climbing the tree?"

"What?"


                                            

"Turn it around, its a branch."  said I.

"That is the ugliest looking branch!  Its a tree!  An ugly tree!  Why did you buy this stamp?"  said he.

"WHATEVER!"  said I.



I also have something to tell you all:  Stampin' Up!  is changing the color families!  Now, at first I was not happy about this, but then I saw the new colors and WOW!  You're gonna love them too!  Check this out:




Notice my little birdie?  That is a new color coming out in July!  Its called Daffodil Delight.  I love it!  I sponged the edges with More Mustard because I don't have the ink yet.  SU! is so awesome that they sent us each an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of each new color. 


I know alot of you that trip the internet regularly have already seen the new colors and I know that I'm slower than molasses in January, so I apologize for being late with this news. 





I also used an old "In Color", Wild Wasabi.  That is a color that is coming back! 

Here is the link to see the new color families.  

Here is the link to see which colors are being retired June 30th

I can't get the document to show up here so check out the links.  I'll also be getting a color comparison up this weekend so you can better see what the new colors look like. 

Okay, I'm sure I'm forgetting about 50 things to tell you.  But this old lady has got to hit the hay. 

Oh yeah, tomorrow is the last day to order from the Occasions Mini Catalog.  So let me know if there is anything in there you'd like to have.  Did you get your Summer Mini Catalog yet?  Let me know if you'd like a hardcopy. 

Okay, now I'm really going to bed.  Thanks so much for being patient with me.  You guys rock!

Blessings, b.

No comments: