Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone has some wonderful plans for today.  I will pretty much be running around like a chicken with my head cut off. 

My dear husband will NOT go to church on Easter or Christmas.  Way too crowded for him.  So we will watch the Easter Story movie that we have and read about the resurrection in the Bible right after breakfast. 

THEN, I will get in the shower and run around like a crazy person trying to get everything packed and ready to go.  I know, I should be halfway packed already but I've been working on the Artisan Award projects.  Well, inbetween planning meals, laundry, and making sure they have everything they need here while I'm gone. 

All 10 projects are done and ready to go.  Some I really love and some are just okay.  My 3D projects are awesome!  I hate to send them off. 

So I don't plan on winning but being a finalist would be nice too.  Either way, I really enjoyed myself doing them.  Especially scrapping.  I really should do it more often.  I can show you all the projects when the winners are announced in June. 

But while I'm gone I'm going to set up some blog posts showing last years Artisan Award projects.  My projects got there a day late so they weren't considered.  I think the things I'm sending in this year are better than last year, but the talent out there is amazing. 

Anyhow, here is an Easter card I made the other day but never got around to showing you. 




Well Scripted (Occasions Mini), Refuge and Strength and Woodgrain background set.  Kraft, choc. chip, whisper white and so saffron cardstock.  Choc. chip craft ink, Whisper white craft ink, so saffron and choc. chip inks. Scallop edge punch, 1/8 circle punch, clear embossing powder, crimper, coluzzle and dimensionals. 

I brought out the crimper!  Remember that tool?  Here is what I did:  take a strip of cardstock (so saffron) about 1" wide and 11" long.  Punch it out with the scallop edge punch and then punch circles on each scallop and then crimp the heck out of it.  I'm not kidding.  Do it like, 6 or 7 times, to really break down the fibers in the cardstock. 

Then, ( I know, I should have taken pics) take your oval or circle or square or whatever and put sticky strip on the back.  Regular tape won't be strong enough.  Then just put the crimped cardstock along the edge folding and ruffling it along the way. 

I'll try to remember to get a tutorial together when I get back.  Just in case you don't understand. 



I also did a little kissing!  Remember that?  I inked up the woodgrain stamp with choc. chip and inked up the cross with so saffron and then they kissed!  Cool huh? 

I stamped the greeting in craft ink and embossed with clear. 

Okay, thats it for tonight.  God Bless you all!  Thanks for taking the time to visit and see whats new.  I will be back late on Sat. night.  I am so dreading leaving everyone and getting on that claustrophobic plane.  Lord help me!  Any good thoughts or prayers you can send my way will be much appreciated. 

Blessings, b.

No comments: