Saturday, July 9, 2011

big day today

A big big day today.  First of all, 16 is now...........................................................17!

(this is from the Iowa pictures that I haven't gone through yet)




She is now 17, a senior, a licensed driver, getting ready to apply to colleges, looking for a job.............next thing you know she'll be getting married and having babies. 

Ugh.  Seems like yesterday she was learning to talk and everyone kept telling me she had such a low voice.  Her voice is normal by the way.

We had a fun day planned but then something happened this week, we had to buy a new frig and the delivery day was today.  So the fun day got revamped to accomodate.




We got a deal at Best Buy.  It was dinged and damaged on the outside so it was even more of a deal than the sale price.  Being dinged up a little doesn't bother me any.  I mean, look at me.  I'm a little dinged up too.  Or is that dingbat? 




Its HUGE!  It does stick out alot more than our old one but I don't care.  It has a bigger freezer and water and ice in the door.  WooHoo!  I know, we're a little behind the times. 

So after the frig got all set up we went to Olive Garden to celebrate.  It was so good!   

Then we went to the movies to see Cars 2.  I know, not your typical teen flick but nothing else was playing she wanted to see. 


We had the theater all to ourselves until the movie started.  Can you see how Olive Garden affected the hubs? 

You may notice The Boy isn't at the movies with us.  He had to work.  Did I tell you he got a job?  With this economy and the fact that he had no prior work experience, we are truly blessed that they hired him. 

Then home for homemade ice cream cake.



It was really yummy! 

I also got to stamp with my card ladies this week.  I just love hanging out with them and am so lucky they keep inviting me.  Thank you ladies!  I haven't taken pics of those cards yet but, I'll get right on that. 

I do have some to show you though.  Lucky for us The Boy had some more thank yous to send out. 




Thank you Kindly set.  Basic black, whisper white and real red cardstock.  Black Stazon ink.  Big shot, square lattice embossing folder, top note die.

These were really easy to do.  I used the school colors again. 



The whisper white is 4x4 and layered on the 4.25 x 4.25 black.  Makes it easier to write on the inside. 

Alrighty then, its past my bedtime.  Tomorrow we are celebrating my MIL birthday and 17's birthday again.  Good times! 

I think Monday will actually be a free day for me.  I can't believe how busy I've been.  Seriously, something going on everyday.  I'm pooped out. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. 

Blessings, b.

1 comment:

Chris Occhipinti said...

This is a beautiful, classy card...I love the idea of using just part of the Top Note die...

Chris