Wednesday, July 27, 2011

home for good this time

Howdy.  We are back home.  Home at least until Thanksgiving...........or Christmas.  I'm so glad to be home.  I like home.  

I have a ton of pics, of course.  But tonight I want to finish showing you the projects I made with my card ladies a few weeks ago.  Then I can get into all the other stuff.  Okay?  Okay.


Inspired by Nature and Elements of Style.  Naturals white, daffodil delight, old olive, crumb cake and CALYPSO CORAL (new In Color) cardstock.  Versamark, early espresso and old olive inks.  Big shot, beautiful butterflies die, linen thread, paper piercer, cutter kit, wide oval punch, lunch bag and glue dots.

The ladies were getting a little tired of making cards all the time so I tried to switch things up and we made a bag! 

Just keeping it fresh you know ;)

I used the In Color, Calypso Coral.  I will admit that I don't much like this color.  Not sure why.  I had bought the Color Coach add ons and one of the color combos they suggested was Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight and Baja Breeze. 

Now I tried putting those colors together and they just screamed Miami Beach to me.  That kind of art deco pastel thing going on.  Really not my style. 

BUT, my job as a demo is not neccessarily to only do things I like.  Although that makes it much easier.  I have to step out of my comfort zone once in awhile. 

So I cut up a bunch of butterflies in all three colors and let them choose which and how many they wanted for their bag.   



I layered the butterfiles and stamped the top ones using the Elements of Style swirly in Versamark.  I don't have the Calypso Coral ink yet so using Versamark is the best idea until I do. 

This is a super easy and cheap idea for giving gifts.  Just cut down your lunch bag to the desired height.  I cut mine to 5.5".  Add some cardstock to the front and back and decorate.  WaLa!  Instant prettiness. 


So keeping in the bag/box idea, we also made a 2,4,6,8 box.  Remember those?  Love them!



Wonderful Favorites (retired).  Island Indigo, rich razzleberry, baja breeze, whisper white and old olive cardstock.  Early Espresso ink.  Curly label punch, blossom bouquet triple layer punch, early espresso bakers twine, big shot, little leaves die, brads, dimensionals, scallop border punch and 1/2" circle punch.


A nice simple little box.  Here is how you make it:  sorry no pics

Take a piece of 8.5 x 11 cardstock and cut it in half.  So you have a 5.5 x 8.5 piece. 

Then put it in your trimmer lengthwise and use your scoring blade to score a line at 2". 

Then turn it widthwise and score at 2", 4", 6", and 8". 

Cut off the little 2 x .5 piece.  Then just fold up and glue.  Easy.

Let me know if you need more help with that. 



Otherwise I'm sure you can figure out the punched peices.  If you use the Tombow Multi Glue this will be a very sturdy box.  It will fit a regular size gift card nicely. 


Alrighty then.  Since coming home I've been trying to catch up on everything.  We brought a bunch of stuff home from my dad's house.  I don't have anywhere to put this stuff! 

Plus I'm going through pics of our trip.  I know you can't wait to see ;). 

AND convention is over and I've been spending too much time on the computer looking at display board pics.  I did enter the Artisan Award contest again this year and didn't win.  I guess I didn't make the finalists list either because nobody emailed me to let me know.  Oh well.  Maybe I'll try again next year.  I'll be showing you those projects soon. 

Oh, I almost forgot, Ali Edwards is doing her yearly Week in the Life project this week.  I had planned on doing it but with getting home a little later than expected and then getting a migraine and feeling overwhelmed for a day or so, I had forgotten about it.  I remembered this morning and was going to just say, "forget it.  I'll do it later"  I decided to just go ahead and start today.  The procrastinator in me just said, "WHAT?!"

I really love this project and will show you what I have so far tomorrow.  Why don't you do it with me?  Just pick up your camera and start shooting.  Today I shot:

What I had for breakfast, going to the grocery store, going to the bank, playing darts, the hubs working,  the cat, etc.   Just whatever your life is about today.  No stress, just document what you can. 

This was supposed to be a quick post.  HA!  See what happens when I don't talk to you in so long?  I get backup. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I love that you do.

Blessings, b.

No comments: