Friday, July 1, 2011

crazytown.......

........for whatever reason that has been my go-to word lately.

 Crazytown
We just got back from Iowa.  It is very very very very very ..........very green there.  So unlike where I live.  I live in a more deserty area.  Its very very very very very.........very brown here. 

In fact when we were driving home from the airport we all kinda looked around and said, "its ugly here."

Its not really ugly here but the contrast was quite evident.   It did kind of make my family realize that there are other (better?) places we could live instead of So. Cal. 

I keep saying that when the market picks up again, (and you know it will), that we are selling the house and moving away.  The idea of Idaho or Washington or Oregon or northern Nevada sounds good to me.  We'll see.

Anyhow, we had a wonderful trip.  Only a few delayed planes and one missed connection. 

I have tons of pics but because I live in Crazytown, I haven't even unloaded the camera.  I'll get right on that. 

I had every good intention of getting a few posts ready to go for when I was gone but ran out of time.  Remember?  Crazytown.

Here are the Father's Day cards I ended up with:



Woodgrain background.  Crumb cake and early espresso cardstock.  Crumb cake ink.  Cork, Naturally serif alpha die, big shot, brads, sponging and old book paper. 

Both of our dads are guys that work with their hands.  My dad is an architect and my FIL was an engineer for Northrup, sorry, I meant Rockwell. 

A few months ago they were closing out the models at the site where the hubs was working and they were going to throw out some old books.  My guy knows I like books so he brought them home to me.  One of them was an old Sunset building book. 



It has bunches of plans for sunrooms, gardens, ponds, etc.  So I helped myself to a few blueprints.



Can you see the brads here?  I smashed them with a hammer.  Because of the size of the paper, I made these 3.75" x 5.5".  That left me enough room to let the cork hang off the edge a bit.



The cork wasn't cooperating on this card.  For both cards I scrunched up the paper and rubbed ink over the raised parts. 

Alrighty then, thats it for now.  I hope to be back on track with things quickly. 

Today the new Idea Book and Catalog went live!  My wish list is a mile long.  Let me know if you'd like a catalog.  Or you can check it out here 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I'll be announcing some new things shortly. 

Blessings from Crazytown, b. 

No comments: