Wednesday, July 20, 2011

pockets and piercings

Howdy folks!  Hot enough for ya?  I'm not sure exactly how hot its been at home although, I've heard its very hot.........my poor veggies.

I happen to be in New Mexico, in an adobe house with no air conditioning, and I can tell you for sure, its very hot here.  Tonight though, we've had a lovely thunderstorm and things have cooled off a little.  I do love thunderstorms. 

Its funny because at home it gets really hot.  100-106 is not unusual in the summer.  But when the sun goes down, it cools off.  Not here.  It is still 93 at 9:00 at night.  What?!  We are drinking so much water that we slosh.  No kidding..........

No pics until I get back.  My computer won't bring up the internet so I'm borrowing for now. 

I DO have pics that I brought with me on a flash drive.  17 had to teach me how to use it.  So here we go. 

Here is another card I made up for my card ladies.  Super cute!


A Word for You set.  Lucky limeade, island indigo and whisper white cardstock.  Black Stazon ink.  Corner rounder punch, big shot, fun flowers, scallop border punch, brights patterned prints dsp, polka dot embossing folder, 5/8" brads, white taffeta ribbon, 3/4" circle punch and dimensionals.


A pocket card!  Pocket cards are so much fun.  this one measures out 4.25x4.25.  Its just like the one I made 17 for her birthday. 




I cut 3 layers of the flower and embossed just the top one.  Then I fluffed it up. 




I got the color combo from the Color Coach.  Love that thing.  The pullout measures 3.75 x 3.75. 


Let me know if you need more direction on how this was made. 

We also had a right of passage this week.  Grace got her ears pierced. 



She has been asking to do it for a few years but chickens out every time.  Well one of her friends got hers done right before school got out and that gave her the courage to "git er done".  She told me that if she wanted to chicken out that I had to make her do it.  Yeah, right.



She stuck it out all by herself and TaDah!  Cute little diamond looking earrings.  She has taken very good care of them and we haven't had any pain or infection.  Yippee! 

Alrighty then, they just started a movie.  Rango.  Looks cute. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you're in a nice cool place with enough water to make you slosh. 

Blessings, b.

1 comment:

Beth Fesperman said...

Love this card and found you through LNS....now following you....thanks for sharing