Monday, May 3, 2010

nothing important

Hey everybody!

The weekend just flew by and its already Monday night.  Did you have a nice weekend?  We worked on the garden, visited my inlaws and cruised the beach.  I thought about stamping.  Planned out some stamping.  But got no stamping done.

Since we live over an hour away from my inlaws we thought we'd visit Mother this weekend, so next weekend we, (I) won't have to go anywhere for Mother's Day.  Good thinking huh? 

We had a very nice visit.  Brought them Taco Bell for lunch.  They like that.  We like it too.  The day was so nice we decided to head on down to the beach and walk the pier.  Show the kids where we used to hang out. 


                                                                     Seal Beach Pier

We had fun watching the guys fish and the surfers surf.  As a teenager the beach was our hangout.  We went there every weekend.  In fact, our first date was at the beach. 

On this very pier. 

25 years ago. 





Then we cruised down PCH past Sunset Beach, the Dog Beach, Huntington Beach, Bolsa Chica and then Newport Beach before we picked up the freeway heading home.  We kept pointing out things and telling memories.

 Yeah, the kiddos could care less.  "When are we going home?"  Geez.......................


Anyhow, I wanted to show you my new babies:


We couldn't find any starter plants of broccoli so we planted seeds and look,  they are coming up!  I'm a proud momma! 




                                                          This is a green bell pepper



                                                                      Anaheim Chili


                                          Red Bell Pepper.  Check out the artwork on the signs.


                                  Tomatoes.  A Better Boy and some grape tomatoes.  I forget the name.


                                                                                Zucchini


                                             grapes.  I got a Red Flame and a Green Thompson

There are also pumpkins, yellow squash seeds we planted but they aren't coming up yet, sweet onions, carrots, lettuce, green beans and we still want to plant potatoes.  I couldn't find any strawberry plants or seeds!  Next year I need to get on it earlier. 

Which brings me to stamping.  I'm going to make a garden journal.  So I can keep track of what we're doing this year and what works and doesn't and what we'd like to do next year. 

Which brings me to more stamping.  May is National Scrapbooking Month and I plan on getting my scrapbooking groove on!  I need to scrap my Iowa trip and I have several other ideas I want to do before I forget. 

Last week I placed an order from the Summer Mini Catalog.  Today my goodies came.  Look!


I got Elements of Style, Favorite Thoughts (this set cracks me up), Red, White and Blue jumbo wheel, an Introduction to MDS (My Digital Studio)  DVD and some extra Summer Mini Catalogs.  So if you didn't get a hard copy just let me know.

Okay, I've bored you enough for one day.  Tomorrow there will be stamping to show!  No Brownie meetings or concerts tomorrow.  Although this week we are scrambling to get everything ready for the 2nd Annual Golf Tournament for the Crimson Cadets Marching Band.  If you know anyone who would like to play we would love to have them come.  Somehow the hubs even got a 32 inch tv to raffle off.  Cool! So come play! 

There will be stamping tomorrow.  Promise.

Blessings, b.

No comments: