Monday, July 20, 2009

Last of the Artisan Awards

This is the last of them. I know, I know..................... I know what you're thinking.............Beth, even though they got there late, I'm surprised they didn't make an exception for you! Yeah, me too. Oh well.

Learned my lesson didn't I? Well, I hope I did anyway. PAY FOR FASTER SHIPPING! Even if it hurts.

Okay, I'm done whining.

This beauty here was a wonderful idea....... I thought so anyway. I used the Neighborhood jumbo wheel and rolled it in StazOn and then onto watercolor paper. I used the scissor on the Cutter Kit to make the hills and stamped them with the Polka Dot and Sanded Background sets. I thought it was so cute but I didn't know what kind of sentiment I should use. So I freehanded a little cloud and used the Just Moved! stamp from Loads of Love Accessories
It will fit in a regular business size envelope. No extra postage required!



Now this one didn't come out quite like I had hoped. I wanted it to look like a much loved quilt. Something you would want to cuddle up with if you weren't feeling well.


I scored the Bella Rose DSP (retired)
at 1" intervals and then sanded the raised parts to look worn. The sentiment is from Sincere Salutations










Now the flower was super easy to do but I know it looks hard.



Take about 13" of a wide ribbon and make a running stitch along one edge. Tighten that up and then stitch it closed. I also stitched on a little flower from the Flower Fusion Tin because the button I used from Button Latte , you could see the hole through it. Anyway I covered it up. Then I just stitched some leaves on and stuck it on there with a glue dot.

I really like the idea of it but it didn't come out quite like I wanted.





Now this handsome boy should have won everything hands down! He is as cute on the inside too.

There isn't much stamping on this one. I used the Sanded Background again on the Not quite Navy piece and there is alot of sponging. The base is Sahara Sand. There is also a little Library Clip on the side of his pic. Can you see it? I added the staples to make it more manly/boyish. I just wrote down some random things about him. Click on the pic to see it better.



Thats the last of them. I hope you enjoyed them and maybe feel a little inspired by them to make something yourself. Please let me know what you think.

No comments: