Saturday, July 10, 2010

15 is now 16

Hey everyone!  Sorry for the absence.  We have been super duper busy around here and by the time 9:00 hits, I'm ready for bed. 

We have been crazy busy getting ready for concrete.  I'll be glad when thats done. 

And the big news:  15 had a birthday! 

I can't believe she is 16 already.  Time just flies by doesn't it?  I took her and a few of her friends ice skating.  I opted not to skate this time.  My knee still isn't quite right from the last time I went.  Old lady here.

She doesn't like people to pay much attention to her so she wouldn't let me give her a big party.  And its nearly impossible to take a pic of her.  So I told her I wouldn't put her pic on here.  But, here is a pic of the card I made:


Wonderful Favorite and Letterpress numbers (retired). Pacific point, tempting turquoise, pear pizzazz and whisper white cardstock.  Pacific point and tempting turquoise inks.  1/2", 3/4" and 1" circle punches, corner rounder, turquoise grosgrain (retired), polka dot embossing folder, tombow multi glue and dazzling diamonds glitter. 


A few months ago we got her a new set of sheets and comforter for her bed.  It is a circle pattern with blues and greens on it.   So I thought I'd use that for inspiration for this card. 

I did some faux dry embossing on it.  I punched out some circles of the same color cardstock as the base and just glued them on.  Looks like dry embossing! 

See that green?  That is a new In Color, Pear Pizzazz. 


This circley/badgy/blue ribbon looking thing is really easy to make.  I had the idea of making her a badge/ ribbon type thing that said, "Its my birthday" for her to wear ice skating, but she said she would never, no way, no how, absolutely not, ever going to wear something like that.  So, I made one for her card. 

Here is how you make it.  Take a 1" strip of cardstock, mine was 11" long, and score it every 1/4".  Then glue the ends together.  Punch out a 1" circle and cover it with sticky strip.  Then coerce your accordian into this shape and press it into the sticky strip.  Its easier than it sounds.  Try it. 

I put some glitter on there for good measure. 


It does stick out quite a bit and if you were to mail something like this, I would use a padded envelope. 

Alrighty then, thats it for tonight.  I've been working on a big project that I'll show you in a few days.  Its not quite done yet.  I hope to get it finished tomorrow. 

Thanks for stopping by and being patient.  You guys are the best. 

Blessings, b.

1 comment:

Kathy and Lucky said...

Great card! Yes time does just go by, mine went from 16 to 19 before I knew it, not sure where it went.