Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Stampamajig love

Howdy!

I hope you had a nice holiday.  The hubs had yesterday off so, you guessed it, we worked.   We are getting ready to pour concrete on the side of the house and the footing for the retaining wall.  So we've (meaning, the kiddos) have been digging and digging. 

Anyhow, today I tried to catch up on things. 

So no new stamping today.  But I never showed you the make 'n' take I had for the yard sale. 


Watercolor Trio set.  Crumb cake and very vanilla cardstock.  Soft suede ink.  Newsprint DSP, large oval punch, vanilla taffeta ribbon, scallop border punch and a sponge. 

I wanted something that used new goodies but that was also super simple to make.  I stamped the leafy image twice without reinking. 


I love this new Newsprint DSP!  I've been wanting something like it for a long time.  I've tried using old books but the problem is, they aren't wide enough.  This stuff is great though!  I can make it whatever size I want. 


Here is the story behind this little tag. 

I have Watercolor Trio in the Clear Mount option.  The stamps are much cheaper that way.  BUT, this set has words.   I like my words to be straight.  I LOVE my Stampamajig.  We are BFF's.  So I've been sure to buy stamps that are mostly words, in wood mount.  That way I can make a Stampamajig template and keep it in the box ready for me. 

So instead of using the Stampamajig for this, I thought I could just wing it.  Yeah, I don't wing it very well apparently.  I didn't want to stress out my customers either.  So, I decided to stamp it and punch it.  Much easier.  Looks good too. 


Alrighty then.  I can't leave you without a few pics from the 4th of July and our illegal fireworks. 


Grace got her nails all ready for the occasion.  Toes too.


It got kinda chilly outside.  Grace even put on her Spongbob pjs for the event. 


The snakes were so fun!  Of course the big kids thought they (and me) were lame but, whatever!  They were much smaller than I remember, but I guess most things do as grown ups.  They kept some to play with yesterday too.  Good times, good times. 


Then we set off some fountains.  I think we had about 10 and even though they all had different names and different shapes they almost all looked alike. 


Grace sat upstairs and watched with ear plugs in.  Thats my party girl!  I have to say though that the older 2 were also extremely careful around them.  Making sure they were completely out before putting them in the bucket of water and running for the hills as soon as they were lit. 

Okie dokie, thats it for tonight.  I have a couple of big projects that I would like to have done by next Tuesday.  hahahahahahahahahahahahahah.................ha.   I crack myself up!  Its good to have goals right? 

Thanks for stopping by. 

Blessings, b.

No comments: