Thursday, July 15, 2010

wonderful concrete

Hidey-Ho!

Concrete is done!  Woo Hoo!



Had a few of the boy's friends over to help. 



Getting closer!


Footing for the retaining wall.  I'm so excited for that to get finished!   Yes, that is one of my zucchini plants dying.  I don't know why.  I'll have to plant another one. 



The Great Wall of China!  It will be nice when it is all done.  So nice!  I'm so glad it over.......for now.  We still have to finish the wall. 


Okay, want to see another Artisan Award contender?  Good, because I'm going to show you.




Wonderful Favorites set.  Whisper white, soft suede, old olive and melon mambo cardstock.  Soft suede and melon mambo inks.  Little leaves die, big shot, curly label punch, Bella Bleu DSP, sponging and paper piercer.


Remember those wrinkly roses I was showing you a few days ago?  This was one of the 3D entries.  A few years ago Target had these little 4x4 frames in their Dollar Spot.  I took some sandpaper and sanded it down to look worn. 





These roses I cut in a wider spiral so they would stand up more.  Click on the link up there to see what I'm talking about.  I also crumpled up the old olive before I cut out the leaves. 



You can see how far out the roses are from the frame.  I stuck everything on with the Tombow Multi Glue.  Love that stuff!  I really like this frame.  I need to make another for me because I had to send this one into SU! 

Okay, bedtime.  Let me know if you have any questions about this project. 

Thanks for stopping by.  You make my heart swell.....in a good way.

Blessings, b.

1 comment:

Kathy and Lucky said...

Yippee your wall is starting to come together, like a card you had in your head. :) Your framed roses is lovely and so creative! Have a great weekend, can't wait to see your wall.