Monday, July 26, 2010

super star

Hey everyone!  What a weekend we had!  Go go go, busy busy busy.  Then today, I had promised the girls we would go to the beach.  So even though it was a relaxing day (except for the wonderful sunburn I brought home...........need to buy more sunscreen, I told the girls to use the rest) I got nothing done at home.  I've got 234 emails in my box, 6 loads of laundry to do, piles of mail on my desk, etc........you get the idea. 

That also means no stamping got done.  So, I'm going to share the last scrapbook page I made for the Artisan entry. 


I {heart} Hearts and Schoolbook Serif sets.  Whisper white, brocade blue, crumb cake and basic black cardstock.  Real red and Versamark inks.  Sprial tab punch, black journaler, 2 way glue pen, dazzling diamonds glitter, 1 1/4" square punch, dimensionals.


Grace is so goofy.  I'm not going to lie, this 12 x 12 page was a pain in the bazooka to put together.   I guess I was running out of ink because the pics kept coming out with this blue tint.  I had a heck of a time with the title too.  




For the title, I ended up penciling a line and then used my stampamajig to keep them straight.  I think the thing that was/is bugging me about this page is all the white space around the title.  It seems naked or unfinished or something. 

I stamped the letters and then used the 2 way glue pen to the word "star" and then added the glitter.  Glitter is very camera shy around me and doesn't like to show off.  I can't ever seem to get a good glitter pic.



Grace absolutely LOVES to have her picture taken.  This day we had errands to run after school and she got ahold of my camera and had a ball!  Gotta love them digital cameras! 

I used the Sprial tab punch to make a film strip.  Groovy huh?  I used the rule of 3's and made 3 hearts and star goodies and placed them in a triangle on the page.  The eye likes to look at things in odd numbers.  The start has glitter on it too. 


Alrighty then, I've eaten dinner, taken my Advil (sunburn) and getting ready to watch the Bachelorette.  My Chris in still in there!  I hope she picks him.  I hope to get some stamping done tomorrow. 

Thanks for stopping by and hanging out.

Blessings, b.

No comments: