Saturday, July 17, 2010

Another Artisan contender

Hey there!  Did you have a wonderful day?  I got a big story to share with you but it will have to wait.   What a tease huh? 

For now, I have another entry to show you.  Ready?



Schoolbook Serif alpha and Medallion stamps.  Going gray, whisper white and basic black cardstock.  Brocade blue and Versamark inks.  Clear embossing powder, ruby red marker.

This picture was taken when we visited my dad after Christmas.  We went skiing in Santa Fe.  Well, they went skiing.  Grace didn't want to go so she and I hung out in the lounge.  It was such an awesome day, snowed the whole time.

Anyhow, I loved this picute and wanted to use it.  You can just barely see the Medallion stamp on the gray.  It looked like a big snowflake to me.  And boy, did we have some big snowflakes that day!  I just need to copy it for my own scrapbook. 




My ruby red marker was running out of ink.  But I didn't have another red marker.  And I can see here that the title is crooked.  I'm sure that is a big No-No for an Artisan winner.  Plus my writing is sloppy.  But, sloppy or not, I think your personal handwriting on your scrap pages is so important.  Years from now your family isn't going to be saying, "Gee, look at Aunt Marge's writing.  It sure is ugly."  Trust me.  They will be thankful for the story behind the picture. 




I also stamped the Medallion on the white and embossed it.  Now it looks like a wet snowflake!  Anyhow, I really do love this page. 

Alrighty then, this old broad is hitting the hay.  I'll share my story with you tomorrow or the next day.  Sleep tight!

Thanks for stopping by.  I love it when you do that.

Blessings, b.

No comments: