Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day!

What do you have planned for this 4th of July?  We are BBQing, swimming and lighting off illegal fireworks.  Fireworks are illegal in our county.  Yep, I'ma gonna break the law.  So if you don't hear from me again, I'm in the "big house".  Just kidding.  We are very responsible and keep a hose and bucket of water close by. 

The city we live in has a huge firework display on the last Saturday of the month to celebrate the city's birthday.  So we did get to see big fireworks last weekend.  Grace absolutely hates the noise.

Where I grew up, fireworks are legal.  Well the "Safe and Sane" ones are.  When I was a kid, all over the city, as soon as it was getting dark, the whole neighborhood would go outside in the street and take turns setting off fireworks.  It was so magical!  All the kids running around with sparklers and drippy popsicles.  We would take turns getting the burnt-out fountains and putting them in a bucket of water and setting up the next one. 

For the next week, my brother and I and our friends would pretend to work the fireworks stand and take turns selling the used fireworks back to each other.  Weird, I know. 

Well today, we just happened to be close to my inlaws house and I stopped at a firework stand and bought "Magic Snakes".  I used to love those things!  I can't wait for the kids to see them tonight!  Kids today are so used to bigger and better things that they may not see the fun, but I'm ready. 

I did not make a special card for today but I did find a picture of one I made last year. 


Independence Day (retired, but I have it for sale) and Polka Dot background (retired).  Brilliant blue, kraft, whisper white and real red cardstock.  Real red, brilliant blue and whisper white inks.  Corner rounder, real red wide grosgrain ribbon, scallop border punch, 1 3/8 and 1 1/4 circle punches.


I think its pretty cute. 

Alrighty then, I'm going to bed.  The garage sale went pretty well.  We made enough money to pay for gas for our camping trip coming up.  Thats a good thing!  I still have a bunch of retired sets so go check them out. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a Safe and Sane 4th of July!

Blessings, b.

No comments: