Tuesday, July 13, 2010

concrete, blood and Molly

Hey everyone!  Was it hot enough for ya today?   We have been working our patooties off and the hubs even got a heat rash.  Who decided to pour concrete in this weather?  Look at what we have been doing



I know, from this picture, my backyard looks like Sanford and Son.  Really its not.  Its just that we had to take everything from the side of the house and put it out in the open.  UGH!!  This is the walkway we're getting ready to pour.





This is the side by the pool equipment.  The neighbors' sprinklers always flood this area and the bugs and weeds love it!  NO MORE!!  Concrete can be a beautiful thing.  We are also pouring the footing for the retaining wall.  All in all, we're pouring almost 8 yards.  Thats alot!

Also today, I popped a blood vessel in my eye.  What the heck!  I had turned my head to look behind me and felt this tingling in my eye, and Grace was like, "whats wrong with your eye?"  I had to go look in the mirror and kinda grossed myself out.  YUCK!  Why does that happen?  It hurt for awhile but now it feels fine.  Just looks really gross.  Apparently I just have to let the blood  reabsorb.  Nice..............

So, since no stamping is getting done and won't, because the hubs has the rest of the week off,  I thought I'd show you some more of the Artisan Award contenders.  At least I hope they were contenders. 




Inspired by Nature and Woodgrain stamps.  Whisper white, creamy caramel, choc. chip, real red, old olive, blush blossom, going gray and brocade blue cardstock.  Old olive, going gray, creamy caramel and brocade blue inks.  Small heart punch, wide oval punch, large oval punch, 1/2" circle punch, dimensionals, big shot, naturally serif alpha die, black journaler and a heck of alot of sponging. 

Remember Molly?  I was so fascinated by her.  I was trying to hurry up and get all the Artisan entries done and everytime I heard a noise on the computer I would stop and see what she was doing.   

For the contest I had to make 3 scrapbook pages.  This was my last one.  I really like it but of course I can see things I would change now.




Molly was the female and her hubby was McGee.  So I punched out 2 little hearts and put "M"'s on them.  There was a ton of sponging going on here.   This is what the actual nest box looked like. 


                                                      

The kiddos really didn't get what all the fuss was about.  But it was so interesting!  I even got to see one of the babies hatching!  Very cool.   I freehanded these clouds and really had to cram in all that writing. 

I can see now that this wasn't exactly award winning quality but I had a great time making this page.  Thats what counts right? 

Alrighty then, I'm pooped!  I can't wait for the concrete to be all done.  Whew!

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Wednesday!

Blessings, b.

1 comment:

Kathy and Lucky said...

Very sweet and all snuggly! Good luck with your eye and concrete, wow maybe you just need a spa day, at least you can use your eye as an excuse right?