Wednesday, October 20, 2010

an adult?

...........yeah, thats questionable. 

My baby boy, my only son, my first born, turned 18. 

How the heck did that happen? 

One minute you're scraping rice cereal off his face, the next, he's filling out college applications. 

I don't feel 18 years older.   Oh wait, yeah I do.  Especially at night when I can't keep my eyes open past 9:30.  Which I'm getting close to, so I gotta hurry.

It was a school day, and mean mother that I am, made him go to school. 

We woke him up with silly string.  So fun!  To save the peace in our house I won't post a pic of that.  It was really fun though.

We decorated his car:


Its hard to see but we had Star Wars streamers inside and out, writing on the windows and balloons on the bumper. 


Which of course he wiped off and took down before he went to school.  "Give me your keys.  I am not driving to school in this!"  Ha Ha Ha


This is his cake of choice:


Krispy Kreme doughnuts with Reese's on top.  Can you say, "Sugar Coma?" 

No special dinner.  He had to go to band practice.  Then a few days later he had a small party here with his buddies.  We are very blessed that he has wonderful friends. 

Want to see the card I made him? 


Really old birthday stamp.  I don't remember which set it came from.  Crumb cake, poppy parade, basic black and very vanilla cardstock.  Soft suede ink.  Hemp, Newsprint DSP, mini library clip, ticket corner punch and dimensionals.

I've been wanting to use this piece of patterned paper for someone's birthday.  I used my old Coluzzle for the oval.   Love that Poppy Parade color.  Its just Poppy!



This birthday stamp came from an old retired set.  I actually used the other pieces in the set for hostess gifts and kept the saying.  I don't remember the name of the set.  Sorry.  I took the vanilla strip and rubbed it against the side of the desk so it would bow out like a banner. 

Cute and simple card.  Inside was taped a pic of a XBOX game that is coming out soon that I preordered.  Just what he wanted.

Even though he is a pain in my booty sometimes, I think he is the best boy in the whole world and I feel so blessed to be his mom.  Heaven help me when he moves away. 

Okie dokie.  Its 9:38 and I'm pooped.  Pooped out, not pooped on.  Although I have been pooped on by said boy. 

I'll just leave you with that thought tonight ;)

Thanks for coming by.

Blessings, b.

1 comment:

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Beth,
My first visit to your blog and I love your story. Like you, I have an 18 yr old son who commutes to college daily - and like you, I can't stay awake after 9:30. Thanks for making me laugh!

Your card is terrific, I never had a clue what to do with that numbered DP. Thanks for the inspiration!