Monday, October 18, 2010

catching up

Hey everyone!  I hope you had a fabulous weekend.  Ours was busy as usual.  I'm realizing I have a crapload (excuse my tech talk) of stuff to share with you. 

So lets begin.

First I'll show you a card I made for some friends of ours.  They lost a sister/aunt to cancer last weekend.  She had been battling it for over 4 years.  She left behind a husband and 2 teenage children.  So sad. 

It just hits home again that life is too short.  You never know what is going to happen.  So tell the people you love, that you love them.  If you screwed up, tell them you're sorry.  If you miss them, make contact again.  Your loved ones are so much more important than money or things.  You know that old saying, "You can't take it with you."  BUT, like Patrick Swayze said in Ghost, " You take the love with you." 

Okay, moving on.......


Growing Green and Warmest Regards (retired) sets.  Crumb cake, early espresso and watercolor paper.  Black Stazon, old olive and crumb cake ink.  Square lattice embossing folder, Big Shot, hemp, aquapainter and dimensionals.

This came out to 5" x 4".  It just seemed to work better for the image.  I seem to be making funky card sizes lately.  Oh well, just keeping it fresh I guess.

I really like how this turned out.  It would work well for a manly birthday card too.


I used the Aquapainters and the ink I smooshed in the lid of the pad.  Its my favorite way to color. 

We had another band competition this weekend.  I REMEMBERED MY CAMERA THIS TIME!   I've had some very helpful people contact me and try to help me out with my phone/camera issue.  Thank you so much!  Stampers are the best kind of people.



I claim the drummer boy 3rd from the left.  They did really well.  They took 1st in their division, Percussion Sweepstakes and the Music Sweepstakes.  I tell ya, its just so much fun to watch. 

Garden update ( you've been waiting right?)


YEAH BABY!!

This was yesterday's harvest.  9 bell peppers, 2 zuchinni, 3 yellow squash and 20 Anaheim chilis.  And there is still more coming.  I've got more bell peppers in my freezer than I know what to do with.  I'm not planting any green ones next year.  I've learned so much this year and I have a wonderful scrap page in my mind.  I just need to get it made. 

Alrighty then.  I have even more stamping goodness to share with you but this post is long enough.  I'm going to try and get on the computer earlier in the day before the kids get on with their homework. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. 

Blessings, b.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Your card is great!