Tuesday, October 5, 2010

blue eyes looking at you

Hey everybody!  I hope things are going well with you all.  Fall has decided to vacation here for a few days.  Its been awesome!  The high today was 61 and breezy.  Beautiful!  BUT, it will be in the high 80's again by the weekend.  So I'll take what I can get. 

I had my card class on Saturday.  We had so much fun!  I really miss stamping with my friends.  It wasn't a long enough time to catch up with everyone so I'm going to have to get everyone together again soon. 

Here is card #4 that we did. 


Woodgrain background and A Word for You sets.  Crumb cake, whisper white, old olive, early espresso, pacific point, real red, basic black and bashful blue cardstock.  Crumb cake, early espresso and bashful blue inks.  Extra large owl punch, extra large bird punch, corner rounder punch,  Scallop square duo die (holiday mini), big shot, sponges and dimensionals.

Here's ol' blue eyes looking at you.  Isn't he cute?  I love that scallop square duo die from the Holiday Mini catalog.  This is the bigger one of the two and it measures out 3x3.  We used the cloud sponging technique from this post.


 

I will say that I originally wasn't going to get this little cutie punch.  BUT, Grace wanted it.  I'm so glad we got it.  He really is adorable.  I've seen so many people get creative with him.  We'll have to see what we can come up with. 

This card measured out 3.5 x 5.  It fit the scallop square perfectly.  Now, that being said, don't be afraid to change the size of your base to fit the elements you want to use.  I wanted to use the square and it just wasn't making me happy in a regular sized card.  So I changed it.  Big deal!  It still fits in a regular size envelope so I don't pay extra postage.  Works for me!  I think this was everyone's favorite card they made. 

I have one more to show you and then I'll post the details of the card kit. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I get such warm fuzzies.  (I mean that in a good way)

Blessings, b.

No comments: