Thursday, October 14, 2010

owlie birthday

Hey stampers!  Just a quickie post for you tonight. 

A friend of mine had a birthday last week.  So I made her a card.


Season of Friendship, Woodgrain background and A Word for You.  Cajun craze, not quite navy, early espresso, whisper white, basic black, daffodil delight and crumb cake cardstock.  Early espresso, not quite navy, whisper white and crumb cake inks.  Cutter kit (distresser), Owl punch, vanilla seam binding (holiday mini), 2 step bird punch, small oval punch and dimensionals.

Cute huh?  She came to the card class a few weeks ago and fell in love with the little owl punch.  And she LOVES Halloween.  So I combined them. 

I cut out a circle and used it for a mask.  I sponged crumb cake ink onto the crumb cake cardstock to make the moon.  The Season of Friendship tree makes a perfect size branch for our cute little owl. 




I used the wing from the 2 step bird punch and a small oval brushed with whisper white ink for the hat. 




I'm loving the seam binding!  I aged this ribbon with some water and crumb cake ink.  Crumple it up and let it dry.  Instantly aged!  Thats kinda how I feel most days.......instantly aged.  Hmph........

Alrighty then, we've had 2 celebrations lately.  I'll get some pics and show you those cards this weekend.  I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday.  And, I had a short week this week!

Thanks for stopping by.  You warm my cockels.  

What are cockels? 

Blessings, b.

1 comment:

Tessa Wise said...

This card totally makes me smile! Great job!