Thursday, October 28, 2010

for Morticia

Hey stampers!

Thank you all for your well wishes on my recovery.  The Nyquil has really helped me sleep which is the best remedy for a cold.  Although I would probably feel better so much faster if I just stayed home from work and someone came over to cook me chicken soup and clean and let me just watch movies and read books all day. 

One can dream right?  Really, I'm feeling much better, thank you. 

Remember the Addams Family tv show?  I remember as a kid watching it.  I think it just confused me.  Although that isn't too hard to do............. 

Even though I don't think its on tv anymore, the theme song lives on strong.  We use the tune in school alot to memorize the days of the week and times tables. 

Those teachers who know what I'm talking about can't get the song out of their head now, huh? 

days of the week (clap clap)
days of the week (clap clap)
days of the week
days of the week
days of the week  (clap clap)
theres Sunday
and theres Monday
theres Tuesday
and theres Wednesday
theres Thursday
and theres Friday
and then theres Saturday
days of the week (clap clap)
days of the week (clap clap)
days of the week
days of the week
days of the week (clap clap)

I'm sure you can find it on You Tube somewhere.  So now you all know your days of the week. 

You're welcome.

Anyhow, ever since I got the Neutrals Patterns DSP this one pattern makes me think of the Addams Family, or the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland.


 (oh geez, Big Bang Theory just came on and now I have to hurry)

So for the last month I've had a little piece of this paper on my desk with an idea in my head for a Halloween type card. 

It went through several phases and ended up like this:


Medallion background stamp.  Basic black and whisper white cardstock.  Going gray ink (retired) and basic gray ink.   Vanilla seam binding (holiday mini), rhinestones, 2 way glue pen, dazzling diamonds glitter and dimensionals. 

It looks so much prettier in person!  My mad photography skills just don't do it.  This came out 4 1/4" square. 


I dyed the ribbon with the Basic Gray and Going Gray inks.  Just get the ribbon wet and then rub it around in the ink.  It came out mottled looking and I think that just adds a little more of the old/creepy look to it. 

I made a wrinkly rose and added just a little glitter and a sticky rhinestone.  Then I decided to add a bunch of glitter to the medallion/doily. 


There is really alot of glitter on the medallion/doily but of course you can't see it.  And I added a few little spots of glitter to the DSP too. 

Alrighty then, BBT is over (mango caterpillar icee, anyone?)  and I've got to get Grace in bed and the laundry put away.  The fun never stops here.

Thanks for stopping by.  I love it when you do that.

Blessings, b.

1 comment:

mary noble said...

Hi Beth,

Hope you're starting to feel a little more normal....this is cute, in an Addams Family way lol. Tonight they ran the Addams Family tv show because it was Halloween and I thought of your card. Love that DSP and how you used the medallion for lace!! Mary L