Tuesday, October 26, 2010

warning, BUI in progress....

BUI would be; Blogging Under the Influence.  Nyquil that is. 

In some states it would be called BWI; Blogging While Intoxicated.  And while I guess that does cover my current physical state, I am in California where we classify it as BUI.  It covers a whole multitude of substances. 

Could I actually get a ticket while driving right now?  Having consumed 2 whole tablespoons of Nyquil 20 minutes ago?  Hmmm.............don't worry, I'm not getting behind the wheel tonight. 

Lets carry on shall we?  Just know that you have been warned that some, or all, of this post may, or may not, make sense.  But the cards will be pretty :)

I needed some Thank Yous last week.  I love sending out Thank Yous.  I don't say it nearly enough when the time is right so I end up sending out Thank Yous later.  It still counts, right? 



Autumn Harvest, A Word for You and Woodgrain sets.  Crumb cake and watercolor paper.  Black Stazon, old olive, pumpkin pie, crumb cake and soft suede inks.  Aquapainter, sponges and dimensionals. 


I love to color!  People say its theraputic.  I'll buy that.  For me its also like folding laundry or mowing the lawn.   You make sense and order from something that isn't complete.  Does that make sense?  Maybe its the Nyquil talking.  I like sense and order.



So what do you think?  I was really happy with how they came out.  Think "clean and simple" not "kinda plain there, Beth". 


I used my Aquapainter and the smooshed ink in the lids of the ink pads.  Its my favorite way to color.   I realize that my watercoloring doesn't look like most other people's.  I cannot seem to do the whole blending and blending thing.  Mine always looks................different.  I couldn't think of a good word there.  But I like it.  It works for me.

I had stamped and painted the smaller pumpkin on another piece of watercolor paper and cut it out to give a little more dimension.  I masked the larger pumpkin in order to stamp the leaves. 

Alrighty then, I'm going to bed.  I do not like being sick!  Catch ya later.

Blessings, b.


edited to add:

I ended up not posting this last night because even though it all made sense in my head, it might not in the morning.  YKWIM?

I'm reading it tonight and after a few adjustments, decided to go ahead and post it anyway.  Just keeping it real here. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope after this you decide to come back again.

Blessings, b.

2 comments:

Chris Occhipinti said...

I absolutely love these, Beth...the coloring seems 'just right' to me!
Hope you feel better soon...

mary noble said...

I agree with Chris - your watercoloring technique is unique to you, a different artist style - I am new to watercoloring and find that my colors don't always blend smoothly. I like this watercolor look - it seems fun so will try that next time. Thanks for sharing and hope you feel better soon (allergies or a cold?) Mary