Saturday, September 5, 2009

Happy Saturday!

This is going to be a great long weekend! I just know it!



First of all, its a long weekend :)



Second, my watercolored pumpkins were chosen to be in the top 5 on the Stamping 411 site. How cool is that? What a great thing to wake up to. Everyone left such nice comments. Thank you. Go check out the other players' cards and see how talented they all are. They also have another sketch for everyone to try out.



And third, Grace went to a birthday party today and let me leave her there. (Which is why I am posting here on a weekend.) She is really growing up. She gets so nervous going somewhere new and usually I stay there and chat and help out. But today she gave me a big hug and kiss and jumped in their pool (pool party. Not that she would normally jump in someone's pool just because.) Next thing you know I'll be shipping her off to college. :( They grow up so fast.





Okay, let me tell you that I met the nicest group of ladies on Thursday night. I had such a good time! Here is one of the cards we made:



Scary Skeleton. Pumpkin pie, basic black, whisper white and Cast-a-spell DSP. White Craft ink and Stazon black ink. Black gingham ribbon, white ep, Square Scallop Die (love it!), large oval punch and dimensionals.



Isn't he/she cute? He is just the happiest little skeleton. I know I have a little white blob by the top of his head. Pretend you don't see that okay? I had cut a piece of pumpkin pie cs 10x5, folded it in half and cut it with the Scallop Square die. Just put the fold right up to the top scallops without touching them and it will only cut 3 sides.



For the tag I used the lg. oval punch and rubbed the edges in the stazon. Actually Grace helped me design this card. She used to always say that when she grows up she is going to do Stampin' Up! Start 'em young!


Thats it for today folks. I have some more cards to show you this week coming up. But first I want to try and get the new 411 sketch done and a color challenge I found using colors I love.
Okay, your turn, go stamp something!
Blessings, b.

No comments: