Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday already?

Good morning peeps!





I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I had big plans but just didn't feel like completing them all.





The little one and I did get some quality stamping time in today. Thats more important than chores right? We are trying to design her birthday invites. She turned 9 a few weeks ago and she wants to have a sleepover.





We have the general idea down but have hit some technical difficulties. I'll show you what we're doing as soon as we're done.





I also did the Stamping 411 sketch again this week.





Kind of a funky little thing ain't it?

You should go over and check out what others have done with it. Everytime I've tried one of these sketches I always think, "what the heck am I going to do with that?" I guess just because its not one of my standard layouts. But so far, I've been able to pull something out of the hat everytime.

So here is my take on it.

Country Morning. Choc. chip, kraft, pale plum, perfect plum and watercolor paper. Black Stazon, brocade blue, choc. chip, old olive, pale plum, going gray inkers. Top note die cut, white gel pen, brads and dimensionals.

So what do you think? Country Morning is a Level 1 Hostess set. I originally got it because I like the chicken that it has. And, I did start with that image but had a hard time coloring the rooster. I need to get an actual pic of one and then try it again. I love chickens. Someday I will have chickens. Although my dear hubby has said he will move out if I do. So I gotta work on him some more. The other funny thing is, I realized as I was trying to color that rooster in, that my grandmother collected chicken salt and pepper shakers. She used to raise chickens when my mom was small. I laughed out loud when I came to that realization. Funny, the things you can remember. In fact, I even call my children "my little chickens". I'm not sure why. I even got them little stuffed toy chickens one year for Christmas. Hmmm.........

The banner says, " There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy. - Ralph H. Blum"

I like that saying. I like calmness and try to be thankful for every little thing. Its sometimes hard to see God's blessings but I'm always looking for them.


I used my beloved Aquapainter and ink. Just press the lid of the ink pad together and when you open it up you'll have a little smooshy pool of ink in there just waiting for you. I used the white gel pen to add some centers to the flowers to give it a little more dimension.

I colored a bunch of these images and have another idea or 2 in mind for them. Hopefully I'll have time to play with them some more. But after work tomorrow I gotta finish the chores that I slacked on doing today.
Thanks for visiting.
Blessings, b.

7 comments:

Patti Chesky said...

I LOVE this!! What a great interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for playing along.

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Gorgeous!!! I love this it's wonderful. thanks for participating.

Selene Kempton said...

This is stunning. I love your watercolor, and you pulled it out and knocked it out of the park! Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful!! I love your watercoloring!! Great job with the sketch and playing along this week!

gbarron56 said...

great card and beautiful watercoloring! Thanks so much for playing along with the sketch challenge this week! Blessings, Gretchen

jaydee said...

B... your card is a masterclass in watercoloring. I love it and love the way you tied all the colors together - it's so pleasing on the eye. great job with the sketch, too!
jaydee

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

Hi Beth
congratulations on being of the top picks for this sketch. You did such a great job on the watercolouring. I truly admire talented watecolourers. The colours are truly magnificient. Thank you for sharing your talent with me
have a great evening