Tuesday, September 29, 2009

2-fer Tuesday

I've been a busy girl today. I visited with a friend I haven't seen in awhile. We were chit chattin' and having a great time. Then it dawned on me that Grace gets out of school early on Mondays. HOLY COW BATMAN!!! I made it out of there in the nick of time.

Yep, I forgot about my child. Mom of the Year Award coming my way ;) She has no clue I forgot, so don't tell on me.

I also went to work and had a Brownie meeting and made dinner and I stamped. Never a dull moment around here.

Anyway, here is the sketch for the Stamping 411 site this week. Pretty easy huh?



Such a good sketch, I made 2 projects to go with it. First, a little sparkly halloween.

Scary Skeleton stamp set. Basic black, pumpkin pie, perfect plum and Cast a Spell DSP. Basic black ink and whisper white craft ink. Scallop circle punch, black grosgrain, 2 way glue pen and dazzling diamonds.
Here is the sparkly up close.

I also added some glitter to the DSP in some spots. I swiped the whisper white pad along the edges of the black and the DSP. I used the Scallop Circle Punch for the base of the little bat. Just punch out your scallop, then put it back in the punch, line up the scallops so that they punch into the scallops. Clear as mud? Let me know if you don't understand. I'll take pics and explain it better.

On to card #2. I promise, this is the last of the purple flowers you'll see for a long while. I told you I had colored in a bunch. I broke out the sponges again.

Country Morning and Sincere Salutations. Kraft and choc. chip cardstock, old book page. Choc. chip and creamy caramel inks. Misc. buttons, Choc. chip striped grosgrain, corner rounder, scallop edge punch, hemp and dimensionals.

I used the cracked glass technique again. I wasn't going to but it seemed to go. See here for a step by step how to do it.

I've seen so many samples using old book pages. I have tons of books and sacrificed one for crafting. It wasn't a very good book anyway. The thing is, the pages are so yellow! But they match the glassy glaze perfectly.

I used the corner rounder for the scallop on this circle. I would have taken pics of how to do that but it was late and it was a little hard to see. Cut your circle then take the guard off the corner rounder and punch out a scallop. Then slide the punch over until you see the edge of the scallop in the corner of the punch and punch again. Keep doing this until you've gone all the way around. Now, I know that sounds confusing. If you'd like to know how to do it then drop me a line and I'll take some pics and get it up here. Or you can come on over and I'll show you :)


I've been itching to use the wide striped grosgrain for awhile now and decided to try it here. Overall I like the end result. But it was touch and go for awhile there. A million interruptions later and I'm done.

We got our birthday invites done. I'll show those in a few days.

Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings,

b.

3 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

These are so pretty! The milk bottle card is speaking to me! I love the cracked glass, great ideas and awesome use of color in both cases.

Connie Babbert said...

Oh...I love your cards, especially the floral one. Love how you used the ribbon and buttons! Great job with the sketch this week!

Unknown said...

These cards are just awesome!! I really love both of them but if I had to pick of course I would pick the first one since Halloween is my favorite!!!! Thanks for playing along this week!!