Monday, September 28, 2009

shabby? dirty? country?

This card has been sitting on my desk for a few weeks. I'm not sure why I started it now, but there it sat..........looking forlorn and unfinished...............just waiting for some attention.


I originally wanted something clean and simple.


It didn't have the background stamp on it, but I took the pic as an afterthought. I wasn't going to put a sentiment on it. I wanted the tree to be the focal point. But it just looked too naked. So I started fiddling.

First I decided to sponge around the old olive. Then I took of the tree panel and sponged the vanilla panel.



Then I decide to add some faux stitching. I would have stitched some real stitches but my sewing machine won't work because it needs to be cleaned and lubed and the guy wants $89 bucks to do that. Are you kidding me? I can get a whole new machine for that price! Its on my Christmas list. Santa, are you reading?



See my gothic crow again? Sorry, can't help it. I know, I can hear you now, "get off the crows, Beth!"



Then for the finishing touch, I added a sentiment, a bow, and a button. If you're gonna go for it then go whole hog!
Branch Out and Warm Words. Soft suede, really rust, more mustard and old olive inks. Very vanilla, soft suede and old olive cardstock. Kraft taffeta, dimensionals, linen thread and button from the Playground set.
I think I like the extra effort card better. I love that background stamp. I love the tree. And, I'm gonna say it, I love the crow. Okay, I'll try to make some other kind of bird next time. Geez...........






















Thanks for stopping by today.
Blessings,
b.

No comments: