Wednesday, October 14, 2009

another birthday

Gracie poo had a birthday at the end of August. My baby turned 9. Here is the card I made her:





Flight of the Butterfly, Polka Dot background and classic numbers (retired). Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, old olive inks and whisper white craft ink. Whisper white, bashful blue, melon mambo and old olive cardstock. White taffeta ribbon, 3/4" and 1" circle punches, scallop edge punch and sponges.



I freehand cut some cloud shapes and sponged the white. Super simple card. She loved it!




We had cake. She helped decorate it. Way too many sugar crystals for mom.
She wanted to have a party but wasn't sure what to do. She finally decided on a slumber party. So we found a free weekend to have it and started planning. I know what you're thinking, "Beth, her birthday was like 6 weeks ago!" Yeah, I know. We're kinda slow around here.
First to make invitations.


She helped of course.



Finished!
I saw on a blog somewhere, where a lady had made little sleeping bags for the Build A Bears and I thought that would be such a cute idea. ( I can't find the blog now. If you or someone you know did this, let me know.) How funny, Patty B. had the same idea on her blog today, but she is awesome and added the correct link for the sleeping bag idea. Its from Monika Davis' blog Isn't she clever?


I had her pick out some DSP for the lining and we got to work. We wanted to fashion some kind of pillow for the pull out but just couldn't come up with a usable idea. Still super cute!



So this past Saturday was the big day! She invited 8 girls and 4 could come. Sounded like a perfect number to me!

Fred's company has a jumper they keep on hand for block parties and he surprised her with it.




We used fabric paint pens to decorate pillow cases. They turned out really cute.




Then we had brownie sundaes. YUM! Those girls had sweet tooths!




opened presents.




FINALLY they fell asleep. I'm not even sure when exactly. I turned off the tv at 12:30.
I chopped off the heads because I didn't think to ask their mommas for permission to put their cute little faces on here.



the dogs loved the jumper too.




Thank you from Upsy Daisy set and Polka dot background. Whisper white, choc. chip and pacific point cardstock. Choc. chip and pacific point inks. 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle punches, scallop edge punch, misc. button, old DSP and dimensionals.

Next, was to make Thank you cards.
Like that blue "thread"? I didn't have any thread that matched to I just used a sliver of the pacific point paper.









nifty huh?




There ya go. She had a great time. BUT, I didn't get a whole lot of sleep. I now know why I didn't have any slumber parties when I was a kid. Little girls can scream really loud. I tried to sleep but kept listening for any crying or walking around or something. Its hard being responsible for other peoples children. But everything went great. Although it may be a while before we have another one.


I'm trying to get everything together for the Stamp A Stack on the 24th. I'll have some more stuff to show you really soon.


Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings, B.

No comments: