Monday, October 5, 2009

how did this happen?

My baby boy just turned 17! I can hardly believe it. One minute you're changing their diaper and in the next they are driving away.........in their own car............without you. waaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!


I am so proud of him. He is an excellent student. A good friend. Loves his momma.


This was a few days ago, going to the homecoming dance. He barely let me take a pic.

For his birthday he had a late start day so he went to breakfast with his best friends. Went to school. Had drumline practice. Had Arby's for dinner. Asked me to make him donuts instead of a cake. Got a new video game and his beloved Reese's.


Headline numbers, (retired), heart from Cheep Talk. Soft Suede DSP, soft suede and whisper white cardstock. Soft suede and real red ink. Silver brads.

Here is the card I made him. I know what you're thinking, "um Beth.......thats kinda plain and not a very teenage boyish color."

Well let me tell ya, the boy is color blind (takes after my mom and brother) and he likes this color. When we shop for clothes he tends to go for this type of color. I'm not sure what it looks like to him but he likes it. And, he is kinda like me in that, I like things plain. Plain does not mean boring! I tell the husband that all the time.

Well Worn Alpha (retired). Soft Suede DSP, kraft and whisper white cardstock. Natural hemp, soft suede dotted ribbon, Top Note die ALOT of sticky strip.
I decorated a can to put his Reese's into. Here is the top

I figure he can put some kind of treasure in there when the candy is gone. OR, what I'd like to do is make him a little scrapbook from when he was born till now to keep in there. Thats probably what I'll do.
I'll have to get the scanner working so I can scan in some baby pics. I didn't go digital until 2003.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope to have some more Stamp A Stack samples up soon.
Blessings, b.



No comments: