Saturday, October 3, 2009

World Card Making Day

Good Morning! Its going to be a great day! I'm making homemade cinnamon rolls and my house smells delicious, its only going be in the low 80's today, I'm going get some weeding done for the little one's party next week and, its World Card Making Day.

Don't know what that is? About 4 years ago PaperCrafts magazine (my favorite) created National Card Making Day. It was so popular they changed the name to World Card Making Day or WCMD.

The idea was to basically to do something you love, stamping, for someone or something (organization) you love, or like, or.........you know what I mean.

Stampin' Up!'s statement of the heart is this:

To love what we do
and to share what we
love, as we help others
enjoy creativity
and worthwhile
accomplishments.....
in this, we make
a difference!

Thats kinda what WCMD is about too. There are card making events going on all over the world today. So have your own little stamping time today. I plan to.


Farm Fever (retired) and polka dot background. Kraft and brocade blue cardstock, watercolor paper. Black Stazon, White craft ink, Blush blossom, brocade blue, old olive, ruby red, going gray, pale plum, more mustard and choc. chip inks. Aquapainters, white taffeta ribbon, Scallop Square die.

I have a friend that has been on my mind for months now. She has been struggling with health problems her whole adult life. They are finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully by this time next year she won't have any/many limitations.

Farm Fever is an old retired stamp. I've kept it because I love this saying, "you cured yet?". It just cracks me up. My friend that I'm sending this too will crack up too. Laughing is good!



Painting that quilt was a bugger! I'm trying to get better at watercoloring but smaller detailed areas like this give me a hard time. I just need to practice more I guess.


I was having a hard time deciding what to do with the top of the card. It was bugging me because its straight and not scalloped. I wanted to do something about it, but what? I decided to tie a bow but couldn't get the ribbon to stay right next to the image and finally decided I would just take a bite out of it. I used my 1/2" circle punch and took out a slice. Now my bow sidles right up there nice and close.
I stamped the envelope too but forgot to take a pic of that. I'll be stamping today for my Stamp A Stack coming up on the 24th. I hope to get at least 1 sample up today or tomorrow of what we'll be making. Depends on how the weeds behave.
So come on back now y'hear?
Blessings, b.


No comments: