Tuesday, October 6, 2009

lets do Halloween first

hey everyone,

I've been blog browsing and have noticed that everyone seems to be thinking Christmas already. They are the smartypants people. I'm not one of those.

I am a procrastinator by nature. Even when I have a class or project deadline coming up I will wait until the last minute. I don't really do it on purpose. Theres just other things to do.

I'm doing really really well by getting a few Stamp A Stack samples done already. I mean REALLY well.


Anyhow, I wanted to show you some Halloween candles I made last year. Aren't they cute?


I got these candles at the "M" store for $1 each. I had wrapped them with whatever the Halloween paper was called last year and then made little punchy things to go on them.

here is the "Black Widow". Originally I had made just a plain ol' spider. But Grace wanted her to be a black widow. This uses the scallop circle punch and the round tab punch. Just punch out a tab and then slide the punch up a little and punch again. You'll get these little slivers that look like bug legs. YUCK!

Here is Batty! I used the large oval punch for the body. I cut out an oval using my coluzzle (retired) and cut it in thirds. Then punched out 1/2" circles from the straight side. Does that make sense? Sponge the whole thing with white craft ink. Use your white gel pen for the mouth.



here is the cute little pumpkin. I used the large oval punch again. Sponge all the edges to give it a little depth and tape together. I cut a little sliver of old olive and curled it on a pencil.
They are sitting in my bathroom again this year. I love having handcrafted stuff out for decorations. Wish I did more of it. Its that procrastinating thing again. By the time I get around to it, the holiday is over.
I plan on doing another "Month in the Life" album again for December. I did one last year but didn't have the blogeroo up yet so I didn't document the process. When we get a little closer I'll be posting more details about it.
I'm going to use our 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 chipboard album for this. So be thinking about it and I hope you join me. Last year I didn't even get mine finished because I didn't have the album ready ahead of time so I could slip in pages. This year though? Watch out! I'll be showing you more later.

That's all folks! for today anyway.............thanks for stopping by.
Blessings, b.

1 comment:

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

these are really Great Beth. Why not do Halloween, makes sense to me, it's way way before Christmas LOL :)
I am just not a huge halloween celebrator, but I have to say I love what you have done with these candles. Job well done.
thanks for sharing a great project