Saturday, October 31, 2009

halloween goodie

Happy Halloween!

We are having a very different Halloween this year. The boy is at a competition in San Diego with the hubs and 15 is working the haunted house for community service hours. Grace and I are left all alone to go trick or treating.

I mean, the boy hasn't really gone trick or treating in a few years but he was still here to help dad give out candy. I guess you know your babies are growing up when everyone has their own adgenda.

Regardless........I bought way too much candy. Just what we don't need.

Anyhow, I wanted to show you the little gifty that I gave to everyone who came to the Stamp A Stack last week.


Scary Skeleton and Frightful Fence jumbo wheel. Lg. oval punch, 1 1/4" circle punch and word window punch, top note die, black grosgrain ribbon. Basic black and pumpkin pie ink. Perfect plum, old olive, pumpkin pie and crushed curry cardstock.

Aren't they cute? I made a little box and adhered the top note to the front and back. I cut a piece of cardstock in half lengthwise 4 x 11. Then scored it at 2", 5", 7", 10". And then turned the cardstock and scored at 2".


The neatest trick that I discovered was to use the green Tombow multi glue instead of sticky strip. It was getting late and I didn't want to mess with cutting bitty strips of tape, I saw the green multi glue sitting there and gave it a shot. Worked like a charm! A little goes a long way and I had them put together in no time!



I should have put a little ghosty on the back side.






Overall they were really easy to make and they are so super cute, I can see doing some for every holiday.


I'll forwarn you now, be prepared for some Halloween pics coming up. I'm not always lucky in getting them since they are in such a hurry to get out the door. But since its just me and Grace I think I can get her to pose for at least 1 or 2.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings, b.

No comments: