Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Tomorrow is St. Patty's Day!  I am half Irish.  I had a great-great-grandma Katy O'Grady straight from Ireland.  My grandma used to tell me great stories about her.  Apparently she was kinda feisty.  Chase a chicken and strangle it with her bare hands.  You go Katy! 

Anyhow, we do celebrate the day here.  We wear green things, eat green things, and talk with accents.  Erin Go Braugh!  (Which means Ireland Forever and has nothing really to do with St. Patty's Day.)  Yep, we're dorks.

Anyhow, I did get the cute little box done for the cute little cards to go into.  Lookee:

 
Vintage Lables set (SAB).  Old olive, kraft, and whisper white cardstock.  Soft suede and old olive inks. Welcome Neighbor DSP (SAB), old olive wide grosgrain ribbon, hemp, dimensionals, scallop trim border punch (SAB) and curly lable punch. 



I had all these little strips of DSP left over from the cards so I thought I'd use them up.  Kind of like a little sneaky peek as to what is inside. 




I really dig on this Vintage Lables set.  This is the first time I've used the lable part.  I like it!



Don't they look all nice and snug in there?  This will make such a great gift. 

Here is how I made the box:



You can click on the pic to see it larger.  First, I measured an envelope.  That is how I came up with the bottom dimensions.  I wanted 2 inch sides.  Can you understand the math? 




I used my Tombow Multi glue again.  I actually have a little too much here.  But this was last night and I was so tired.  Things got a little gushy. 




Or maybe I was distracted by Edward and Bella.  I finished watching it today.  I'm getting geared up for New Moon coming out on Friday.  Just in time for my birthday.  I can't wait!  Go Team Jacob!  (sorry Edward fans)




I know the lid dimensions always confuse people.  Just add 1/8" to the bottom measurement and then add your sides.  I had originally made 1 1/2" sides and realized they were way too big.  So I changed it to 1" sides.  Looks much better. 




Personally, I love to stamp the envelopes to match the card.  Gives the mailman a thrill.  There is a matching stamp set that goes with the Welcome Neighbor DSP, but I don't own it.  So, since I still had a bunch of DSP left over I thought I would use that.  I used the Tombow multi again so there is no way that DSP is coming off. 


Alrighty, I'm going to try and get to bed earlier tonight.  The Nyquil worked great and its calling me again.  Let me know if you need help with any of these directions to make your own box. 

Thanks for stopping by.  I love it when you do that. 

Blessings. b.

No comments: