Saturday, March 20, 2010

sweet 16

We have had a busy few days around here.  Yesterday 15 went on a fieldtrip to UCLA and Pepperdine.  She really liked Pepperdine.  The sun the surf.  The campus is really beautiful too. They went to the pier afterward and ate dinner.  Check out this pic she took. 


She took an even better one with her phone but we can't figure out how to download pics off her phone yet.  We're technologically challenged around here. 

Then today the boy went paintballing with the band.  Now all the boys are crazy for it.  He had a really good time but he is so sore right now.  AND he has welts!  Sounds like fun to me........


Now tonight, 15 is at a Sweet 16 birthday party sleepover.  Of course I had to make something super cute.  We went to Target and got her a cute necklace.  Check out the packaging:


Letterpress numbers (retired).  Kraft, whisper white, pretty in pink, melon mambo, rose red, and old olive cardstock.  Melon Mambo ink.  Ticket corner punch, large oval punch, 1 3/8"circle punch, coluzzle, pink Chunky glitter, Tombow multi glue, scallop trim border punch and polka dot embossing folder (wart maker).

This is just like the valentine boxes I made.  Its smaller though.  Its 3" x 3" x 1 1/2".  It turned out so cute! 


I made the card 2 3/4" square so it would fit inside the box.  I was running short on time and couldn't get quite as fancy as I thought a Sweet 16 card should be, but my girl was breathing down my neck making me hurry!



I stamped the numbers in Melon mambo and then went over them with the Tombow multi glue.  Then I squished the chunky glitter into it.  I ended up just drawing squiggly lines around the edges.  Probably a little squigglier than I would have liked but, I was hurrying!



Anyway, I hope she likes it. 


I also found something else at Target. 



Jacob Black in da house! 

Here is a funny story.  Well, I thought it was funny. 

The girls and I are in Target and of course the first thing in the cart is New Moon.  The Three Disc Version!  So we're getting our shopping done and we stop to look at something and a lady looks at me, points to my shirt, and says, "Is that what I think it is?"

"What?"  Then I look at my shirt and then look back at her and see she has the movie and the Forks documentary in her hands.  I had on my Team Jacob shirt. 

So laughing I say, " Yeah, it is."

She starts laughing and points out her pants.  They say Quilette on them.  We both laugh.  15 is looking at us both like we're crazy.  I look at the lady and pointing at 15 say, "She doesn't understand the whole Twilight Mom thing."

"Oh, have you been to TwilightMoms.com yet?"

"There is a website?", I say.

"Oh yeah.", says she.   Hmmm...

So of course I've checked it out.   You know, I really like the books and plan on taking them with me when I have to leave on a jet plane in a few weeks.  And I'm looking forward to reading them again.  But really people, there is more to life.  So there ya go.

Okay, I've talked too much and its time to kick the boy off the big tv so I can watch my movie.  Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great weekend!

Blessings, b.

No comments: